“Dont stay at riverside park”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Dublin, Ireland
“Dont stay at riverside park”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend booked a 3 night stay with 2 evening meals and breakfast each morning with double room and balcony , On our arrival we were checked into a family room with an adjoining door that was not locked, We asked if we could be moved and were put in a second room which was a twin room.This room had wet patches on the carpet,balcony door would not close,shower was broke and remote control was not working.We rang reception it took an hour for a manager to come see us, when she did she was very rude and smart,we thought about leaving for another hotel and said this to the manager and her reply was go ahead and there will be no charge,we were appalled by the reply and asked a charge for what and she said a cancellation fee.We agreed to a room without balcony for the night and were told we would be sorted out the following day we heard nothing.the third room had no hot water for showers we let reception know and were told they have a new eco boiler system and would increase the temperature which did not work till the last night of our stay.our last morning we went for a swim and were told we could only use a section of the pool because there was swimming lessons on.
our weekend away was ruined by the attitude and incompetence of the riverside park hotel and staff in which we did not even recieve an apology.
We seen this deal in the evenning herald with chocolates and a drink on arrival with a late checkout we did not receive any chocolates or drink, instead we were met with the above hassles.
I would not advise anybody to waste there hard earned cash in the riverside park hotel .

Fran Halpin

Room Tip: Stay at travel lodge you,ll get the room you pay for
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank fran h
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Mr Halpin

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of The Riverside Park Hotel. It is disappointing to see that you were not satisfied with your stay. I have shared your comments with the team here in the hotel and we have looked very closely at the issues which you have raised.

I certainly hope my communication leaves you reassured of our commitment to continuously providing excellent standards of service, facilities and genuine customer care.

The majority of rooms in our hotel have a double and single bed and they are certainly not considered a family room regardless whether they have an adjoining door or not. We have designated family rooms for this reason. These interconnecting doors are fully secured from the guests own bedroom and you cannot open the other door from any side, our procedure for cleaning guest’s bedrooms is to have them locked for arriving guests.

It was regrettable that the second room you moved to had issues with the patio door not closing without a little force and also the replacement of batteries in the tv remote control. Our Front Office Manager did attend to you within 10 minutes of receiving your call and on doing so your partner had informed us, you had booked another hotel close by, however you both decided on staying for the duration of your stay with us and even extending your original reservation by one night. On checking the boiler / heating system there were no faults with this or any other room throughout your stay, however I do not understand if you did not have heating or hot water in this room why you extended your stay with us to a fourth night on the third day of your stay.

You informed our front office manager you would contact us the next morning to move to another room and whilst not doing so we assumed you were happy to stay in this room. We did make contact with you on the third day of your stay to inform you of our non smoking policy in the hotel and that a charge may be applied to refresh the room after your departure.

Your initial reservation was for a 3 night package and 2 Evening Meals over the weekend and not the 2 night package advertised in the Evening Herald with Chocolates and wine on arrival.
While I understand that this was not an enjoyable experience on this occasion I understand you experienced The Riverside Park Hotel in the past. You will also see from other feedback on this site your stay was not reflective of the vast majority of feedback we receive.

Our dedicated team are our greatest asset and thrive to ensure that we provide a warm welcome and professional service and we are genuinely disappointed that you did not enjoy these standards during your stay with us.

Sales & marketing manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed in the Riversaide Hotel October Mid-term, Sunday to Wednesday. My wife and I and our 9 year old son shared a river view Family room. Breakfast was of a good stantard, room were clean and the staff were all friendly and helpful. We had one evening meal in the main restaurant and it was excelent Only two minnor issues which did not spoil the break.
1. No Kids club
2.My wife and I did not find the food to our taste in the Alamo Restaurant (it was just okay).

Well worth the visit!

Room Tip: If you have chrildren plan the days in advance lot to do away from the Hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Noel K
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Noel K,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent family stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that you departed with a lasting impression of the excellent service you received from our team.

Our team will be thrilled you thoroughly enjoyed your meal in the Moorings Restaurant and although you did not find the food in our Alamo Steakhouse to your liking , I’m sure our extensive Promenade Bar menu could have offered an alternative for you.

You are indeed correct when you say there is so much to do outside of the hotel, hence we offer a brochure of a sample itineraries of things to do and see in Enniscorthy and the surrounding areas for our guests and even provide a daily forecast at breakfast in order to assist you in your daily planning!

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Kind Regards

Sales & Marketing manager
Ballylinan
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Excellent Hotel
Having spent three days there in Nov 2012, we really enjoyed our stay, from reception to bar staff and also The Alamo restaurant - the food was beautiful. We really enjoyed the walk along the river Slaney which was so convenient to the hotel. Well done folks we will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BallylinanMairead

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you wonderful review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you left with such a lasting impression of our wonderful team in the hotel.We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments each of which will be passed onto our Executive Chef and the rest of the team here in the hotel.

It was a delight to read you took advantage of our scenic location and enjoyed a walkway along the banks of the Slaney River this recently extended walk is proving very popular with our visitors and locals alike.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Sales & marketing Manager
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I and my good wife were lucky enough to have our wedding reception on 31 st August 2012 at this beautiful hotel.The whole package was excellent and the staff were second to none. The manager Mr Jim Maher did exactly what he said he would......and more. He under promised and over delivered !!!!
This is a great hotel to stay in and to have your wedding reception in and believe me you will not be let down..... function room and food are all excellent !!

Fran & Eadaoin

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fran T
Marketing007, Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Fran & Eadaoin

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your glowing review following your recent wedding reception in the Riverside Park Hotel and I am absolutely thrilled that the Team were able to help make your special day so wonderful and our attention to the highest levels of service, professionalism and genuine care were some of your highlights of your special day.

We thrive to exceed our Bride & Grooms Expectations, so we are extremely grateful and honored when we get such amazing feedback on our staff, food and facilities . Thank you so very much.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the near future and I would be delighted to assist you with your next stay.

Thanking you again

Joy Rothwell
Conference and Banqueting Manager
Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend recently. We upgraded to a balcony room (Room 301) which had a great view of the river Slaney and railway tracks from its very big balcony.
The room was very clean with a huge, very comfortable bed, nice flatscreen tv and the usual tea/coffee making tray. The bathroom was very clean with a separate bath and decent size shower.
The only problem we had with the room was the lack of sound proofing between rooms, but as it seems to be a quite hotel most of the time it wasn't much of a problem. Also there was a toilet flushing problem. Minor issues.
The hotel itself is well designed, with easy access from the private underground carpark into the hotel via elevator.
I suggest anyone staying here to go to the Alamo restaurant. friendly staff and great food! And the restaurant itself is nicely themed.
The leisure facilities are wonderful, nice pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Clean changing rooms right beside the pool, but bring your own lock if that matters to you. Staff here are also very friendly.
The area the hotel is in is lovely and quite with a nice walkway along the river and just minutes from the town centre.
The price for the one night was a little too high, but what hotel in Ireland isn't. Over all, apart from the price, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Enniscorthy and will be back myself too.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room, especially if you are a smoker. Room 301 has an extra big balcony. Try...
1 Thank CillDara86
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear John K

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff .
It is great to get such reviews not just from our Leisure Club which is complimentary to guests and which offer locks to resident’s but also the scenic location along the banks of the River Slaney which has a wonderful extended walkway and our close proximity to the town centre.

We value all of our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding the great food in our Alamo Steakhouse.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were here for a friend's wedding in October 2012 and stayed two nights. The room was very spacious, clean and warm. There was a lovely view of the river too. The bed was extremely comfortable and we both felt well rested. There was nothing special about the bathroom, but it was clean. The buffet breakfast was quite good, and the waffles were very nice, as was the full Irish. Leisure center was clean, and the water quite comfortable.

If I had one complaint, it was the noise from the bar, which I only noticed on the second night. I found it very difficult to sleep because of the noise. I could clearly hear the lyrics of every song the band played. It went on until 1 am. The noise has cost hotel a rating of 5/5!

Having said that, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: I would suggest that when checking in, to request a room as far from the bar as possible, Although I...
1 Thank mcdermg2
Dear mcdermg2

On behalf of the team here in The Riverside Park Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your wonderful review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the standard of service from our staff, the facilities on offer to our luxurious pillow top mattresses which are proving to provide an excellent night’s sleep to our guests.
I have passed on your comments to our staff who are always genuinely delighted to read our guest’s feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Park Hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Sales & marketing manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We got married in the Riverside in Oct 12 and I cannot say enough about this hotel and all the staff. A particular mention has to go to Joy for everything she did for us in all the planning, of course it was every single member of staff that made the day and it was perfect. I'm not sure there are many couples that can say that about their wedding day! Every single thing was perfect. We had a civil ceremony and the room was so beautifully decorated. The candles and layout of everything just looked so elegant and pretty. The reception room was also set up beautifully. The staff were all so attentive and accommodating through out the day. The food...oh my god...i LOVE the food here. we've eaten the carvery, bar snacks and in the Alamo restaurant where I had the most amazing steak ive had in a long time.

As we were lucky not to have any rain on our day, we got to have photos taken out in the picturesque surroundings of the hotel. Even if it had been raining on the day, I would not have been disappointed to have had pictures taken inside as it is so beautifully decorated.

We stayed in the bridal suite the night of the wedding and because this room needs more time to take in, we stayed another night a few days after the wedding. It is simply spectacular.

When it came to choosing where we were going to get married, there was no competition. The Riverside Park Hotel is a beautiful hotel and all the staff are a credit to it. Thank you for making our day so special and perfect.
Paul & Heather
5/10/12

1 Thank Heather M
Marketing007, Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Paul & Heather,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a complimentary review following your recent wedding reception in the Riverside Park Hotel and I am absolutely thrilled that the Team were able to help make your special day so wonderful and our attention to the highest levels of service, professionalism and genuine care were some of your highlights of your special day. It is great to get such response from our Spectacular Penthouse Suite which you described perfectly and you had the opportunity to avail of a second night.

We thrive to exceed our Bride & Grooms expectations and so we are extremely humble when we get such amazing feedback like yours.

It was certainly mine and the teams pleasure to be able to assist you in your wedding ceremony & celebrations as we are always eager to ensure that our Bride & Grooms have a memorable day and indeed days following when they have time to relax and enjoy the comforts and facilities of the hotel.

I have shared your comments with the team who were delighted with the recognition and we look forward to welcoming you both back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me as I would be delighted to assist you with your next stay.

Thanking you again.

Joy Rothwell
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford
Talbot Wexford
Talbot Wexford
#4 of 5 in Wexford

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!