“Great wedding venue”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
“Great wedding venue”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I and my good wife were lucky enough to have our wedding reception on 31 st August 2012 at this beautiful hotel.The whole package was excellent and the staff were second to none. The manager Mr Jim Maher did exactly what he said he would......and more. He under promised and over delivered !!!!
This is a great hotel to stay in and to have your wedding reception in and believe me you will not be let down..... function room and food are all excellent !!

Fran & Eadaoin

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fran T
Marketing007, Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Fran & Eadaoin

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your glowing review following your recent wedding reception in the Riverside Park Hotel and I am absolutely thrilled that the Team were able to help make your special day so wonderful and our attention to the highest levels of service, professionalism and genuine care were some of your highlights of your special day.

We thrive to exceed our Bride & Grooms Expectations, so we are extremely grateful and honored when we get such amazing feedback on our staff, food and facilities . Thank you so very much.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the near future and I would be delighted to assist you with your next stay.

Thanking you again

Joy Rothwell
Conference and Banqueting Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Ireland
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend recently. We upgraded to a balcony room (Room 301) which had a great view of the river Slaney and railway tracks from its very big balcony.
The room was very clean with a huge, very comfortable bed, nice flatscreen tv and the usual tea/coffee making tray. The bathroom was very clean with a separate bath and decent size shower.
The only problem we had with the room was the lack of sound proofing between rooms, but as it seems to be a quite hotel most of the time it wasn't much of a problem. Also there was a toilet flushing problem. Minor issues.
The hotel itself is well designed, with easy access from the private underground carpark into the hotel via elevator.
I suggest anyone staying here to go to the Alamo restaurant. friendly staff and great food! And the restaurant itself is nicely themed.
The leisure facilities are wonderful, nice pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Clean changing rooms right beside the pool, but bring your own lock if that matters to you. Staff here are also very friendly.
The area the hotel is in is lovely and quite with a nice walkway along the river and just minutes from the town centre.
The price for the one night was a little too high, but what hotel in Ireland isn't. Over all, apart from the price, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Enniscorthy and will be back myself too.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room, especially if you are a smoker. Room 301 has an extra big balcony. Try...
1 Thank CillDara86
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear John K

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you glowing review.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff .
It is great to get such reviews not just from our Leisure Club which is complimentary to guests and which offer locks to resident’s but also the scenic location along the banks of the River Slaney which has a wonderful extended walkway and our close proximity to the town centre.

We value all of our guest’s feedback and it is rewarding to read of your terrific comments regarding the great food in our Alamo Steakhouse.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the near future. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were here for a friend's wedding in October 2012 and stayed two nights. The room was very spacious, clean and warm. There was a lovely view of the river too. The bed was extremely comfortable and we both felt well rested. There was nothing special about the bathroom, but it was clean. The buffet breakfast was quite good, and the waffles were very nice, as was the full Irish. Leisure center was clean, and the water quite comfortable.

If I had one complaint, it was the noise from the bar, which I only noticed on the second night. I found it very difficult to sleep because of the noise. I could clearly hear the lyrics of every song the band played. It went on until 1 am. The noise has cost hotel a rating of 5/5!

Having said that, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: I would suggest that when checking in, to request a room as far from the bar as possible, Although I...
1 Thank mcdermg2
Dear mcdermg2

On behalf of the team here in The Riverside Park Hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your wonderful review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the standard of service from our staff, the facilities on offer to our luxurious pillow top mattresses which are proving to provide an excellent night’s sleep to our guests.
I have passed on your comments to our staff who are always genuinely delighted to read our guest’s feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Riverside Park Hotel in the future so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Sales & marketing manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We got married in the Riverside in Oct 12 and I cannot say enough about this hotel and all the staff. A particular mention has to go to Joy for everything she did for us in all the planning, of course it was every single member of staff that made the day and it was perfect. I'm not sure there are many couples that can say that about their wedding day! Every single thing was perfect. We had a civil ceremony and the room was so beautifully decorated. The candles and layout of everything just looked so elegant and pretty. The reception room was also set up beautifully. The staff were all so attentive and accommodating through out the day. The food...oh my god...i LOVE the food here. we've eaten the carvery, bar snacks and in the Alamo restaurant where I had the most amazing steak ive had in a long time.

As we were lucky not to have any rain on our day, we got to have photos taken out in the picturesque surroundings of the hotel. Even if it had been raining on the day, I would not have been disappointed to have had pictures taken inside as it is so beautifully decorated.

We stayed in the bridal suite the night of the wedding and because this room needs more time to take in, we stayed another night a few days after the wedding. It is simply spectacular.

When it came to choosing where we were going to get married, there was no competition. The Riverside Park Hotel is a beautiful hotel and all the staff are a credit to it. Thank you for making our day so special and perfect.
Paul & Heather
5/10/12

1 Thank Heather M
Marketing007, Manager at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Paul & Heather,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a complimentary review following your recent wedding reception in the Riverside Park Hotel and I am absolutely thrilled that the Team were able to help make your special day so wonderful and our attention to the highest levels of service, professionalism and genuine care were some of your highlights of your special day. It is great to get such response from our Spectacular Penthouse Suite which you described perfectly and you had the opportunity to avail of a second night.

We thrive to exceed our Bride & Grooms expectations and so we are extremely humble when we get such amazing feedback like yours.

It was certainly mine and the teams pleasure to be able to assist you in your wedding ceremony & celebrations as we are always eager to ensure that our Bride & Grooms have a memorable day and indeed days following when they have time to relax and enjoy the comforts and facilities of the hotel.

I have shared your comments with the team who were delighted with the recognition and we look forward to welcoming you both back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me as I would be delighted to assist you with your next stay.

Thanking you again.

Joy Rothwell
Conference & Banqueting Manager
Dublin
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the hotel, (with our 2 children 5 and 3 months) large and spotless family bedroom, nice pool area, great surrounding (2 playgrounds for kids and nice walk by the river) great breakfast and very good beds,large car park, we will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LoUh
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear LoUh,

Firstly may I thank you for such a wonderful review you posted following your recent stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your family getaway and that you departed with a lasting impression of the facilities at The Riverside Park Hotel.

It was great you could avail of the opportunity of being accommodated in our purpose built Family Rooms which are proving very popular indeed not just with the adults but the kids too.

It was terrific to read that you could keep them entertained during your stay inwith the Playground next to us and the wonderful walk along the banks of the River Slaney.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, so please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at the Riverside Park Hotel for my Son's wedding this October 2012. The location of the hotel is excellent with very attractive riverside views. The staff were absolutely amazing and could not do enough to make the occasion a great success. The food was excellent with a good variety, well presented and served. It is a great place to stay for any occasion.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor with riverside views which was excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beryl M
Dear Beryl M,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a complimentary review following your son’s recent wedding reception in the Riverside Park Hotel. I am absolutely thrilled that the Team were able to assist in making not just your son’s day so wonderful but also yours and I hope you were able to avail of the beautiful location for a stroll along the banks of the river slaney and not just view them from your balcony room.

We thrive to exceed our Bride & Grooms and indeed parent’s, family and friend’s expectations, so we are extremely humble when we get such amazing feedback. Thank you so very much.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel in the near future and I would be delighted to assist you with your next stay.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here last night for our wedding anniversary. The hotel is on the outskirts of the town, easy walking distance. The location is good, on the banks of the river and an interesting view from our window of the river, the playground and the train track.

Check in was quick and efficient, we arrived early but the lady on reception kindly allowed us check in. The room was spotless, well appointed and a good size. The bed was super comfy and huge. The bathroom was again absolutely spotless and big. It was nice to have a separate shower and bath.

We went down for lunch, planning to go for a carvery. We got there and turned back. The queue was huge, there were kids running everywhere, people arguing about others skipping, babies screaming. It was manic! So we went back to the Moorings restaurant, which was an oasis of calm after the prospect of eating in the bar.

The Moorings restaurant staff were excellent! Very polite and professional, friendly and helpful. Really you couldn't want for more. The setting itself was very open and bare. Despite 5 star service and a more expensive menu it was very cafe like.

The menu had some nice options for meat eaters, but the single vegetarian option left a lot to be desired. My husband had the hake and said it was great, I watched plate after plate of lovely looking food go to others, so I was very disappointed to be handed a greasy, tasteless "pasta bake". The chef is obviously very good at what they do, so this was sheer laziness on their part. Dessert was fab!

The pool area is nice, very quiet on a monday morning, we practically had the pool to ourselves for a while. The jacuzzi seems to be clean and comfortable and the steam room and sauna were both spotless.

Although it was a Sunday night, the hotel had some music on. But the crowd was a bit older than us so we went into the town to find something a bit more lively.

In all, I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Enniscorthy. I would avoid eating there again myself. I can't say enough for the staff and the cleanliness of this hotel.

Dear Irish Raven

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us for your wedding anniversary.

I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed by the facilities and service you received particularly from our attentive and friendly staff.

We value all our guests feedback and it is rewarding to read of your comments from our Luxurious pillow top mattresses offering the perfect nights sleep to our scenic location. I have passed your comments onto our Head Chef regarding your disappointment to our vegetarian option and as you will see from other reviews this is an exception rather than the norm. We do experience a high level of families on a Sunday afternoon for our popular carvery as you described and no doubt the Moorings offered an alternative venue for a more intimate occasion.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Riverside Park Hotel and Leisure Club in the future, so please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your reservation.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!