“Ok, but will not be back”

The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enniscorthy
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Check in was ok, while slightly unfriendly.
Lovely family room with connecting bedroom. That was very nice. lovely playground for children outside.
Staff were unpleasant mainly, and the food was the worst I have experienced, probably ever, in a hotel.
No fresh fuit salad for breakfast, which I would have seen as basic. I asked but was told it was up to the chef if they wanted to put it on or not, but I could make my own from a bowl of fruit on the buffet table....No Thanks
I wouldnt go there again. such a shame as the hotel itself is quite nice. Pool area was cold which was unpleasant too. Water was fine but air temp made it feel uncomfortable

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tishy2
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

On behalf of the management and staff of The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing some of your positive comments with others.

I am disappointed to see that you departed with such a negative impression from your stay.
You mentioned your check in was ok and unfriendly, however upon arrival to the hotel you received a complimentary upgrade to one of our new family bedrooms from our receptionist who recalls having a friendly chat with you.

It is our sole aim to ensure that the issues you raised are addressed and we learn from them. In relation to the lack of fresh fruit salad on the buffet for breakfast, on looking into this I realised it was a training issue which has been addressed as it is readily available to our staff and was an oversight not to be placed on the buffet on that morning.

I am not sure which food outlet you are referring to regarding your opinion of food,
The Moorings Restaurant, which is our main dining room offering an excellent Table D’hote menu and an Early Bird Menu, The Alamo which offers a wide variety of Tex Mex dishes from Fajitas to Mouthwatering Steaks or The Promenade Bar which caters for Carvery and Bar Food. All of which provide excellent service and quality.

I sincerely hope I have addressed the issues you raised, but please contact me directly if you would like to discuss them further.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club

Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed in this hotel after having it recommended by family that live in Enniscorthy. The staff on check in were nice - not that friendly but efficient. The room was great. Very large - we are a family of five, and there was ample space without being on top of each other. It was really clean.
We ate in the steak house that night and the service and the food were great. Well done to the lovely girl serving us as we had 5 kids that night. Food was lovely.
We only had two sticking points 1: the heating in the room was on full and we had no way of turning it off. It was sooooooo warm and as the kids were asleep I couldnt call to get someone up to fix it so had a very uncomfortable nights sleep. 2: there were two towels between 5 people. Hello! its a 4* hotel you should be aware of how many guests are in the room. Its not rocket science each person needs a towel. We should not have to ask for more!
Upon check out I mentioned the heating at reception and she said someone would look at it. However all the heating was on in the corridor so they must have a problem with heating. Turn it down - save some money!
Having said all that we would stay there again - nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Dear Ursietucker,

On behalf of the Riverside Park Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay from our very popular Alamo Restaurant to our extremely spacious and purposed built Family Bedrooms.

I apologise for the oversight in not providing ample towels in our Family Room during your stay.

I will ensure that we are proactive regarding your observation in regads to our heating system and thank you for this feedback.

It is great to hear you would stay with us again, so please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you are staying in the Enniscorthy area.

Many thanks

Reviewed April 3, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for two nights B & B with one dinner included for €99. I have to say this was fantastic value for money. Spacious clean rooms, great pool, sauna and jacuzzi. The food in the hotel restaurant was excellent. The staff were so professional, courteous and friendly. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Dear kelso 75

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your complimentary review regarding your recent stay in The Riverside Park Hotel.

It is great to get feedback from all our guests and I am delighted that you were impressed by our team and facilities in the hotel.

Your comments are really appreciated, thank you so much.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when visiting the area again.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 23, 2011

We stayed overnight after the wedding fair on 20/3/11. The hotel is fab, and the bedrooms are great size and very clean, beds are very comfy. We were so impressed by the wedding fair, the function room and the bridal suite that we went ahead and booked our wedding for next year. The wedding co-ordinator Joy is an absolute angel. Will definitely be staying there with the kids during the summer, and maybe spend another couple of weekends before our wedding!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear ingridped,

Firstly may I congratulate you on booking your wedding in The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club.The hotel is renowned for its enviable Wedding Business and prides itself on being the South East’s Premier Wedding venue. The combination of elegant tradition with modern style and exceptional service is exemplified in all aspects of the hotel. Since the hotel opened eleven years ago, the team has focused on creating an outstanding guest experience. It is an approach that has earned us the loyalty of guests, along with a well earned reputation.

I am delighted to hear Joy has left a lasting impression with you & thank you for you kind & complimentary review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future with your family and to celebrate your wedding.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 7, 2011

Nice hotel overlooking river. Nice clean, big rooms. Good breakfast and leisure facilities.
Five minutes walk to town centre. Choice of hotel dining or in house ALAMO steakhouse next door. Didn't like the Sargent Major fitness instructor who would not allow guests in pool while she had a class. Then maybe it should have been the receptionist who should have informed the guests of 'out of pool time'?
But hey!... nice jaccussi, steam room and sauna.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear Blue Tan,
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your complimentary comments.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for not been allowed to use the Pool during the Aqua Aerobics Class.
After looking into the matter, on this occasion the numbers in the class had risen on the night and so to accommodate them, the pool was closed as there was no one else using it.

I am so sorry if our instructor came across as a sergeant major however, this would be for the benefit of the people in the class. We will absolutely ensure that we are proactive with this feedback and will do our utmost to ensure this does not happen again. In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can assist you further or should you require any more information.

Thank you again and I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to back to The Riverside Park Hotel.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

Booked 3 family rooms for a short break after christmas [3 nights] .We found the staff
from the manager.Receptionsist ,restraunt ,bar.and room staff to be the most friendliest
courttious.and professional we have met in all our travels at home or abroad.
Also the staff in the leisure center were the same.Thanks to all @riverside for a most
enjoyable few days

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Marketing007, Director of Sales at The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Dear Mokeeffe96

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent complimentary review. I am delighted that your party had such an enjoyable time in the newly refurbished Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club.

I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Thank you again.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

stayed here at the end of Oct. on the first night we had our food in the Bar as the Alamo Restaurant was booked up
The Bar Food was not great. in todays climate it was too Expensive. the area we were sitting in was dirty with lots of food pieces on the carpet .the food was bland. we had steaks with french fries. the fries were undercooked and there was no side salad served with the Steaks. in contrast we had a meal in the Alamo the next Night. It was Great. Service was Exellent and the food was Fab.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscorthy
Treacy's Hotel
#4 of 5 in Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
Maldron Hotel Wexford
#1 of 1 in Barntown

Been to The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!