“Best spot in Thurles”

Mitchel House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Thurles
Cuisines: Contemporary, Pub, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I love Mitchell House Restaurant. The staff are so friendly and welcoming, especially the manger. Food is top notch and the atmosphere is so relaxing. On our last visit we got a GREAT deal with a beautiful two course meal and cinema ticket for only €22.50 per person, it was a great night out that didn’t break the bank. Looking forward to my next visit.

There are newer reviews for Mitchel House Restaurant

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were over for the weekend visiting family and they decided to take us out for a special meal in Thurles.

I was a little apprehensive but my fears were put to rest and they had found a real Gem!

We went for the early bird menu which brilliantly include cinema tickets too which we thought was an excellent idea.

We were almost the first in the restaurant but it soon filled up and seemed the early bird sitting was full. We were greeted with a warm smile and shown to a fantastic table in the main part of the restaurant.

We chose from a very comprehensive menu, the food served was expertly presented and tasted fantastic.

Both my girlfriend and I have worked in and been too a large number of restaurants and this was a real gem of a find. We chose for starters Belly Pork (seemed odd for a starter) and a Fish Selection. The Belly Pork was a perfect hearty starter, which was the perfect portion size and was expertly presented and the fish selection was very good. The Fish Section consisted of Crab, Smoked Mackerel, Prawns and a Smoked Salmon Roulard.

The main courses were again expertly presented and tasted delicious. We had two Lamb Shanks, Chicken Stuffed with Black Pudding and a Grilled Salmon. All of which came out steaming hot and looking good enough to eat. Nice selection of hot vegetables were served too.

This was a first time visit to Ireland for my Girlfriend and I know we will not only return but will also make a point of dropping into the Mitchell House Restaurant again.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to Mitchel House Restaurant with my family recently and I had a lovely meal,the menu is good value, there is a great atmosphere and friendly service. I would definitely recommend you make a visit to this restaurant when you're in Thurles.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Have been to Mitchell house on a number of occasions over the last few months and highly recommend it. The owner Mike is warm friendly and welcoming. The staff are likewise very friendly, attentive and good humoured. I always enjoyed the quality of food, it's presentation and attention to detail. If your travelling to Thurles I recommend you check this place out.......unless it's a really bad night you won't be disappointed. Pat....Limerick

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a lovely meal in Mitchell House recently. I booked by email and mentioned that we would have our baby in tow - and when we arrived our table was ready and the high chair in place. The menu was great value and the presentation and quality of the food was excellent. One of the best meals out I have had in Thurles and I will definitely be going back.