All reviewsstayed heregreat nightnight porterthe staff were extremely helpfullive bandhotel barcomfortable bedsvery pleasant stayan evening mealwell worth a visitcooked breakfastlovely hotelsoupfull irishreceptionist
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Hayes hotel in November 17 we had a very pleasant stay. Our room was lovely very clean . It had a view of the main street in Thurles. The food in the hotel is very nice and breakfast is very good it's served up to 1030 which is great. The staff in the hotel are very friendly and attentive. There are lots of places to see around Thurles such as the Rock of Cashel which is well worth a visit. Pay a visit to The Arch Bar in Thurles such a great bar great trad session on Sunday evening. Also free parking at the hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philomena B
Reviewed November 6, 2017

We stayed in this hotel while visiting friends in the area. The hotel had a wonderful old feel, but at the same time the bedroom felt quite modern. The bar/dining room has a fab traditional feel to it. They are obviously very proud of their history, with information being displayed, but not in an "in your face" sort of way.
Our room was a very good size. The bathroom was also ample. The room was very stylishly decorated, and had a very new feel to it.
We booked B&B. There was a great selection on the breakfast menu and the food was delicious. The smaller cooked breakfast was more than enough for us.
One minor niggle - we got back rather late one night (after midnight) to find the hotel locked and it took a while to get the attention of the night porter. They were very apologetic and I guess we should have forewarned them.
Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2017

I recently stayed in this hotel whilst attending a wedding.

It's in an excellent location in relation to Thurles town, with plenty of space to park.

I found that the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the rooms were a little on the small side but very modern and clean.

The only issue I had with this hotel is that there is no lift, which makes it difficult if you have a lot of luggage, however the staff are very willing to help you with your bags.

Also on my second day staying in the hotel, I was extremely tired so I decided to stay in bed, however on two occasions house keeping attempted to come into my room, I would suggest requesting a do not disturb sign as these were not provided in the room.

There is a lovely generously sized breakfast included.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay here and would stay again, I was surprised as this is excellent quality for a 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the new part of the hotel and ground floor if you have luggage as there is no lift.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in n Hayes while attending a wedding in the area. It is a very quirky hotel the steps heading up to the rooms are all different sizes and the hall takes a slope in the floor, comes with and old building I suppose. The room are quite small but we weren’t there long enough to need much more. The breakfast was cold and the staff were nice.. we would return if we are in the area again and needed a place to stay

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Hotels in country towns have to cater to a lot of different customers - business people & tourists as well as the locals who use it for socialising. Difficult task but Jack and his team at Hayes are doing a fine job. Rooms have had a fab update - our bed was super-comfortable and I loved the grey chairs, great for relaxing, Good breakfasts, free parking, lovely staff, good value.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple