All reviewsleisure centrenext morningreception arealovely hotelfamily roomnew managementstayed for nightskids clubtop classa lovely stayenjoyable staybed was very comfortablefood was amazingfunction roomwedding receptionbar foodcouldn't do enough
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Had a two night dbb break at this hotel in November. We found a hair in meal on the first night. We were kept awake with noise next door until 6 in the morning . We would not stay there again. Would not give the hotel 4 stars

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann Marie C
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night at the Anner Hotel. As we had business very early next morning we asked for early breakfast. This was not a problem for the kind v professional staff. The restaurant manager arrived out with some hot sausages even though there was a good selection of juices cereals and cold meats and cheese and hot croissants at 6am! Fair dues. Bedrooms lovely, beds comfortable everything we needed and WIFI. Would gladly recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Anner Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Dear Lastchancebar,

Thank you for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that
your requirements were looked after. I have passed on your kind words to the Restaurant team who looked after you that morning.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

I've been staying in the Anner Hotel weekly for the past month due to work commitments and the staff are lovely. My first check-in I stored my room key beside my phone and consequently it wouldn't work in the door. A very professional and patient young lady at reception took care of it, explaining what could have happened (and at no time making me feel to blame - though I was). A couple of minutes after making myself comfy in the very warm, clean, spacious room Ciara rang to make sure I had gained access! I was very impressed and a young have been so since. I'm not mad about hotel food but the service, again is great - there is a young girl in the restaurant in the evenings called Amie and she is a dote! The waitress in the morning in the dining room is fab in the morning - retrieving a paper ofr me and greets me every morning with a smile. Well worth the visit because of the staff! Oh and the gym is grand - the staff down there are yet again very welcoming and accommodating. A lovely treat with a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Monicelt

Dear Monicelt,

It is great to hear you have enjoyed you stay with us here at the Anner Hotel and that all the staff have looked after you so well. I have passed on your kind comments also to Ciara, Aimee and all the team here at the Hotel.

We do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Anner Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here this week november 23rd for an event in the hotel. Apparently a 4 star, reception area, bathrooms and bar all look nice however the rooms are exceptionally tired and in need of quite a lot of work. Wardrobe handles broken, marks all over every wall, stains on carpet, chipped and scratched furniture, dirty shower curtain, i could go on but im sure you get what im saying. The rooms need attention and are definetly more of a 2 star rating room.
The breakfast in this hotel is laughable. If your looking for fruit and cereal or porridge just go elsewhere. There was two types of cereal, rice krispies or cornflakes, and three bowls of tinned fruit and 1 bowl of sugary yogurt..... a couple of juices and that was it. This was laid out of a very long table that was covered in a dirty table cloth. The selection looked meger and mean. We both had a fry and it was nice. Service was lacking at best. We gad drinks in the bar the night before and the bar staff were really nice, nice athmosphere in the bar. The swimming pool is nice and the Jacuzzi is dirty so avoid at all costs....it badly needs to be drained and cleaned when i got out i had a plaster in between my toes, yuck!!!! All in all stop for a drink and maybe a bite to eat other than that avoid!!!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ruthsher27

Dear Ruthsher27,

I would to thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Anner Hotel. I am disappointed that your experience was not a positive one and would be delighted if you could contact me at michaelboyle@annerhotel.ie to discuss the items mentioned in more detail. I would like to apologise for the maintenance issues encountered and can assure you it has been fully looked into and addressed. I would like to confirm for breakfast we have 5 different types of cereal and all fruit is freshly prepared in house, nothing from a tin, I can assure you of this. However I have looked into breakfast on the day in question and reviewed your comments with the team. We take all the above comments mentioned very seriously and will address accordingly however I would be delighted if you could contact me to discuss further.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

First time in the Anner hotel recently, while picking up some business calls in the area. Spacious car park and in an easy to find location. I booked online and requested a quiet room which I got. Hotel is rated as a 4* but my experience was closer to a 3*. Excellent food let down by some room issues. I would return to sample the food again!

1. Check-in/Checkout - Fast efficient and friendly. I was allocated room 134.

2. Price - pricing was ok and fell within my allowance.

3. Lift - when I eventually found the lift controls on the left side of the door, I was taken back by the horrible dark, dungeon like interior which was something like the scene of a horror movie. Dark and dreary and a real put off after coming from a bright and welcoming reception area. The only positive thing about the lift was that it worked!

4. Room - spacious room, reasonably clean but not perfect. Decent size TV with plenty of channels. There were some small flies on the inside of one window where my guess is the window was left open at some point with a light on to attract them in. The windows and surrounds outside and inside could do with a good cleaning. Wi-Fi was hit and miss and I probably should have asked for the other passwords as the signal in that room was stronger for the non-standard password protected signals. My work requires a continuous strong signal so that I don't lose any information. Bathroom was in need of some grouting and a good cleaning. Some cracked tiles on the floor also. Tap was loose in the sink. Good shower which is important. Loose handle on press below TV. I didn't complain or ask for a room change as it was late, I was tired and it was only for one night.

5. Staff - I found all of the staff friendly, courteous and efficient. I really enjoyed my dining experience.

6. Food - the standard and quality of the food was excellent. I had a really enjoyable meal in the Bar/Bistro with a good pint of Guinness to wash everything down. I had crispy colcannon cakes for starters, stuffed breast of chicken for mains and apple and cinnamon tart for desert. All were most enjoyable with excellent service in the area. Breakfast was good too. For me the food was the highlight of my stay and would attract me back to this hotel again if I was in the area.

7. Leisure facility - I did not see or use the leisure facilities on this occasion so I cannot comment.

8. Summary - The food was excellent and dwarfed the negative points documented above. My compliments to the chef and staff. I would return again. This hotel needs to pay attention to detail, especially if they want to maintain a 4* rating.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business