“Could be better”

Add it.
Le Frene
Cuisines: European
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I found the food was very good standard however the service was not. There were 6 of us at our table and there was always at least 2 of us who were waiting more than 5 minutes to be served after the rest of the group. During one course one of the party was completely forgotten about and wasn't served for more than 10 minutes. We were seated upstairs where there was no atmosphere and it was very cold. I could've worn my coat for the entire meal. There is a draft from the windows! The staff are kind and pleasant. The is a complete lack of parking outside as the restaurant is situated on the corner of an intersection therefore there are plenty of double yellow lines to avoid. Maybe I would've enjoyed the place more if it was warmer.

1  Thank tiptopski
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have just had Sunday lunch in Le Frene and found the whole experience delightful. The decor is clean and contemporary while the exposed stone walls give character. I loved the good linen tablecloths and napkins but not as much as the food. We were a group of three and we all had a different starter, main course and dessert and they were all extremely good. The service was very attentive despite having to deal with a large party that arrived just after us. We will be going back. Best food and value for money we have experienced in a long time.

1  Thank mcashen1