All reviewsgift shopsteakleisure centrecoffee docksuperior roomcoffee bardelicious cakeselemis productsthe pubgreat stopboth nightssteam roomreception stafflovely hotelfew drinksreception areasalmon
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here Friday night as we had a family meal in the restaurant with over 40 of us. The hotel bedroom was a twin bed room and suited perfectly, it was spacious, bright and warm.

The meal itself was good with service seemingly a bit under pressure as we were a big group which was understandable.

I wish I knew there was a leisure centre in the hotel as the pool looked lovely. Good stay - cozy bar too.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire F
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

We stayed a night here and loved the hotel. Our room was so comfy, clean, big and modern. The hotel is lovely and homely and well the bar food was the best I've had in a long long time. Lovely feeling about the hotel and will definitely return. Great gym and swimming pool. The reception staff were a little distant but this didn't retract from an overall enjoyable stay.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2017

We have recently returned from a 4 day stay at The Horse and Jockey. What a good hotel. The room was a good size and the bed(s) comfortable. The food was excellent and all the hotel facilities were spot on. The staff were polite, and enthusiastic and we could not fault them.
We would thoroughly recommend it and will definitely be visiting there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

I had occasion to be in the Horse & Jockey Hotel on two occasions last week and sampled both the business centre in addition to the extensive food menu from coffees /teas to scones / sweets / savories and their dinner menu which was simply delicious! It’s so readily accessible from the M8 which makes it ideal for business and leisure. Staff are exceedingly friendly and helpful and the peace and tranquility evident reflects a competence and management which are on top of their game. I will be back again and again when I’m in the area.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2017

My wife and I stayed for ten days in October in a superior room. Over that time we made use of most of the hotel facilities and could not fault them at all. Everywhere the staff were friendly and efficient. The superior room we were in was comfortable, quiet and well serviced.
Food was excellent, whether it was the self service breakfast or the food in the bar/restaurant in the evening. The choice of cakes in the coffee area was always a great temptation. I believe they were all made at the hotel so very well done the the baking staff. My wife makes her own Soda Bread but she was pleased at the quality and taste of the Bread she purchased in the hotel shop to bring back to the UK.
The Spa was a haven of peace and quiet I particularly like the Sorbet offered at the end of any treatments.
While this was not a happy family visit to Ireland I can safely say that the hotel stay was just perfect. Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple