“Average Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parkers Restaurant

Parkers Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 35 Restaurants in Thurles
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Parkers Restaurant has been converted from a regular bungalow offering a range of different cuisines from Irish gourmet to authentic Italian. Our restaurant has always been known for it's high quality food and friendly service at an affordable price. We are open all year round, seven days a week, for lunches which commences at 12.30Pm-3pm and evening meals which commences at 6pm. . We also cater for Christenings, Communions, Confirmations, Birthdays, Retirements and all private parties. Here at Parker's it is our policy to offer a warm and inviting atmosphere with top class food, drink, service & smiles! Our Lunch Menu is Al La Carte We offer a 4 course evening menu €22.00 Subject to supplementary dishes!
Tipperary, Ireland
“Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I heard that the value in Parkers was very good so I taught it was worth a visit. The venue is a converted bungalow which was ok but I didnt feel the atmosphere in the restaurant was anything special.
I booked in for Sunday Lunch which I taught was part of the value meal of €20 for 3 courses per person. However on paying the bill I was told that it was the ala carte menu that we had picked from (only memu available at lunch time) - which I was disapointed with as it wasnt clear that it was at the time (hard to believe that eating during lunch is more expensive than eating in the evening!!!) The selection on the menu was ok nothing special jumped out with roast beef, chicken, salmon, pork and vegitarian option for mains.
If I had paid the €20 for what I got I would have been happy but for the price of the meal at ala carte prices it wasnt value for money. The waitress also informed me at the reception that the €20 pp 3 course meal has been increased to €22.00!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GREENWHITEGOLD

Doolin or Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Was recently told by a friend about parkers and was told to book. I booked a table at least a month ahead of time for our wedding anniversary. We arrived on the night and without as much as a hello we were told "you were told that that table is for a reset at 8?", I replied no as we hadn't been and we weren't given any choice. This really did put a sour taste in our mouth as we felt rushed to eat our meal. Such a pity as the food was really lovely and the value of €22 for a 4 course menu with lots of choice. All the other staff were lovely and friendly and nice atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sibbysims
Listowel, Ireland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food, Service and value was exellent...would recommend .. very reasonable, lovely spicy chicken salad as starter, huge bowl..for €5 , the main meal was only €12 and delicious......

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lor2ie
Tipperary, Ireland
“Best value around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

If in the area and you want excellent food at an affordable price then Parkers is for you. Renowned now for its excellence boking is essential. Service is friendly and efficient and while this is a busy restaurant there is no sense of being rushed. this is a perfect place to meet and children are welcome.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank regan3_11
Dublin
“Come Hungry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

On a recent trip to Tipp, we visited Parkers again (4 adults) did not book, but would recommend it, arrived on a Wednesday evening about 6 o'clock, we all had the 4 course meal for the unbeliveable €20 a head, I still dont know how they do it, I wish I lived in Holycross as I would visit at least once a week, we all enjoyed our meals which were very enjoyable, I recommend you come to this restaurant hungry as the food is plentyful, and the service is next to none, we will be back very soon

• Visited July 2013