“Best of my holiday - including Italy!”
Review of Stars of India

Stars of India
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Thurles
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer a sophisticated dining experience for those seeking to explore beyond the ordinary and discover the full potential of an Indian restaurant in Thurles, Tipperary. So please, let us take you on a tantalising journey across the different regions of Indian subcontinent to present a superb combination of vibrant dishes freshly prepared using the finest ingredients to create rich authentic flavours.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Since I was solo, I got adventursome and tried my first "Indian" food (although I don't know that this counts, since the proprietor was from Bangladesh). When handed the menu, I declined, advising that I hadn't experienced "Indian" before, and, therefore, would leave it to his discretion. Following a week in Ireland, I spent a week in Italy. I love Italian food (and my Italian wife will kill me when she reads this) but - although I couldn't tell you WHAT I ate, I can say that it was the BEST MEAL I had during my two weeks! The ambiance is good, the server friendly and the meal - with one soft drink - about 16E. My only regret...I fully intended to return, but the wind blew me elsewhere. From Land O Lakes, Fla.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We love this Restaurant. They are so friendly, and the food is beautiful .My husband ordered one dish but the waiter suggested something else,he said if my husband didnt like it he'd get him something else, but he was right. I thnk the waiter knew even better than my husband knew what he liked.Very reasonably priced.We'll definitely be going again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stopped off on the way back to Cork from Dublin. Ist time there and had no idea what to expect.Well, we were not let down. Fab food, great service and fairly priced.Every Irish town should have a Stars Of India. We will be back!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We just keep going back. I have even introduced friends to it and they loved it and want to return. If a dish is recommended and if you don't like it, they will give you something else. Also it's reasonably priced, great value in these times. Where would you get that kind of service. They have also received an award for excellence. Well done boys!!! We highly recommend you visit and taste for yourself.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I had a really nice meal at Stars of India recently, not our first time dining there and certainly not our last. For starters, I had the Fish Tikka which was the best I have tasted in a long time. My wife had the King Prawn Butterfly, also very good. For mains I had the House Spice Chicken with egg fried rice...one of my favourites and I was lucky to get a taste of my wife's (King Prawn) Galda Nillah. Overall, a very pleasant experience, not in the least expensive and with well priced wines. A warm, welcoming environment to enjoy really well prepared Indian Cuisine. Well done Jithu and Golam.