“Awful!!”

Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Thurles
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer a sophisticated dining experience for those seeking to explore beyond the ordinary and discover the full potential of an Indian restaurant in Thurles, Tipperary. So please, let us take you on a tantalising journey across the different regions of Indian subcontinent to present a superb combination of vibrant dishes freshly prepared using the finest ingredients to create rich authentic flavours.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The worst Indian food I've ever had, I'm sure the curry was out of a jar!! The waiter didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and twice I watched him pour a can of coke for a customer and when it all didn't fit I the glass, he drank the remains from the can before binning it.. Unbelievable!!! When we asked for the bill, we were told to 'relax' no rush, and we had to assure him we were finished and wanted to leave....oh and my chicken pakora starter was definitely a few big alls chicken nuggets dressed up slightly.. I would not recommend it.

starsofindia, Owner at Stars of India, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience with us at Stars Of India. We appreciate all feedback and view each review as valuable information & an opportunity to improve in all areas of our food & service.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one & would like to reassure you that we have taken note & action on the issues that you have raised.

I would be delighted to speak to you further to discuss your experience at Stars Of India & offer you the opportunity to return for another visit with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Kind Regards,
Syed Ahmed

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Have to say the food here is just out of this world. Absolutely loved it and for the price you just can't go wrong!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Fantastic staff very welcoming. They are happy to change the food to your taste. Pleasant clean atmosphere. Reasonable prices.

2  Thank Denise S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I love this restaurant, not only is the food fantastic but the price is reasonable. They do buffet lunches, even on Sundays which is exceptional value for money. They also do themed nights from time to time, with a set price for 2 courses and a glass of wine with entertainment (normally belly dancing) included.
I have 2 young children and they always go out of their way to ensure that they have food that the children will eat, so don't be afraid to ask.
No hesitation in giving 5 stars, it's my family's favourite!

1  Thank Frowzy
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Myself & my husband dined her on Tuesday night. We love our Indian food and we've been to the Shimla in the town on several occasions, which we really like so decided to eat in the Stars of Inda for a change.

Overall I wasn't overly impressed. Food was fine, no problems there but the service is extremely slow. We decided to skip the starter so that we would have room for the desert however given that the main course took 30 mins to arrive from time of order we didn't even have time for that!!

There was 4 waiters, one group of people, one couple and ourselves in the Restaurant so I cannot see what the delay was. Plus once we finally got our meal we were interrupted on 4 different occasions by the 4 waiters to ask if everything was OK. A little annoying.

Overall nice place, nice decor, nice food if you don't mind waiting for it but I think I'll stick with the Shimla from now on.