“Excellent views, even better staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nafplia Palace Hotel

Nafplia Palace Hotel
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Nafplio
canada
“Excellent views, even better staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Any review of this hotel must start with the staff. The best I've ever encountered - anywhere.

From the bell hop Yianni, to the people at the front desk and the food staff - we have never met a nicer, harder working staff. The bartender was friendly and the breakfast servers chatted up our boys and remembered our coffee preference every day and had it on the table by the time we sat down. The food was also excellent.

We stayed in the older building with a bed, a cot and crib for our boys. Now I will admit the halls and the rooms in the older part are dated, but they are clean, spacious and we found them kind of coolly retro.

The views of Nafplio and water from our giant balcony, the pool or the restaurant were unbelievably gorgeous and soothing.

Nafplio is my favorite city to visit in Greece. Large enough to be lively, small enough to be homey, close to several beaches - Tolo being my favorite, and authentically Greek still. Being close to Athens, and our family in the Peloponnese is also a bonus. Epidavros is also worth a quick visit if you have a car.

Thank you for an unforgettable stay, we hope to see you again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

the hotel is one of my favorites , i ve been there many times and i keep going because i love the location of the hotel, the rooms are very nice and comfortable, and the restaurant is very good also, the price ok could be better i think...anyway Nafplio is one of my favorite cities for spring and autumn weekends and i will definitely go back

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two days over the weekend, the rooms were bedrooms not bungalows as website and staff suggest (far too expensive) we paid £650 for two nights and think the rooms were worth more like £200 max. There are no amenities available, the big swimming pool is very old and had mud in it during our stay. The small pool had no umbrellas and only 6 chairs. We did complain and were given a bigger room. Had a lovely stay but over priced and not 5 stars only 4.

Stayed May 2013
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

At the top of Acronafplia hill, in a secluded location but in the same time just some steps away from the city, lies the Nafplia Palace Resort. Stayed there just for one night last summer, after I had been thrown out from another resort, by the sea and was really impressed with my room and the service in Nafplia.
My room was located in the buildings / zone which was a little far from the reception and the bars, by one of their pools, overlooking Nafplio town and the bay. It was just amazing, to wake up in the morning and indulge in those magnificent views. The room itself was very modern, recently refurbished with top amenities, like the Jacuzzi / bathtub which was a joy to use.
As I found out that other reviewers weren’t satisfied with their rooms I felt sorry as mine was just awesome. (Unfortunately, I don’t remember the room number.) Probably the resort is gradually renovating so not all rooms are brand new as my room was. So, when in Nafplia Palace, ask for one of their newer rooms.
Kind of old and grubby looked also the lounges and the bars, which were located in the main building, away from my room section. Also one of the pools, the one next to the main part was always dusty, however there is a choice of three pools so you don’t have to worry about it. In the morning, I ordered breakfast in the room, which was fine so I can’t comment on the restaurant.
In overall, Nafplia Palace resort is a great hotel to pick when in Nafplio. I hope that the renovation processes finish soon, so that any traveler has a problem with the room he’s given and he enjoys all luxuries and comforts the Nafplia’s new rooms provide!

Room Tip: Definately ask for one of their refurbished rooms, in the buildings away from the reception, with a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
verbier
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

1 I booked 2 luxury bungalows with terraces. I was given 2 rooms in an annex which has a corridor with 4 rooms. I cannot see any connection with the word bungalow. I assumed it was a lower category, I accepted it and expected part refund. However when checking out, I was told "these are our bungalows". At nearly 300 euros per room for single occupancy, it it highly overpriced and very misleading. How can bungalows with a terrace be the same price as rooms in an annex without a terrace? Bad pricing policy.
2 The restaurant was terrible, and noise from practicing musicians thoughtless.
3 the hotel with large public spaces is suitable for conferences, not for a romantic enviroment to compliment beautiful Nafplion.
4 all the literature discusses the spa facility. The hotel even shows a price list for treatments in each room, but there is no spa.
5 too many little problems. Curtains that did not close properly, toilet that did not work ( was eventually fixed) electronic door cards that did not function.
6 lacked a luxury feel to justify the price or the description.
7category system of Booking.com is misleading, my comments were judged as meriting 7.6 I would give it 5.5
8 the staff and management did try their best

Note; if you love numerous electric switches then this is definitely the hotel for you.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Yoram A

Travelers are raving about these Nafplio hotels

Thessaloniki, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Paid €550 for a cold room a "villa" as they have named it. It took us 2 hours to get it little warm... They gave us a thin summer banket (on a cold March night) and naturally we asked for a quilt. The answer was that they did not have quilts and they brought us a blanket!!!! We paid so much money for a room with jakuzzi which we could not use due to rooms cold temperature! We did not want to go out for dinner and ordered from room service. It arrived very late because the automatic doors were stuck and they could not get to our room. Since the food was cold when they served it they did not ask for us to pay it. In the morning we went for breakfast at 10 o'clock .Breakfast time was ending at 10:30. We found the leftovers ( the last one piece) of the extremely few things they offered as breakfast in a so called 5 star luxury hotel.There was only one lady to serve us a coffee and then she disappeared. Needless to say that the breakfast area was a neglected /no view room. No way we are going back.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lidi A
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were traveling for a short time with a group of 8 to visit some of the sites in the Peloponnese peninsula. The Nafplia Palace was chosen by the group. The hotel has a spectacular view of the bay and beautiful common rooms. We had a lovely candlelit dinner in the restaurant with delicious food that night and the terrace bar has a wonderful ambience. The town of Nafplion is at the foot of the castle area and the hotel next to the castle. We explored the town before ascending to the hotel. Some in our group walked back down to the town after dinner and though it was a bit of a hike back up, they said it was not too bad. The problem we had was with our room. I won't go into details, but was very unsatisfactory. We wrongly assumed this was the same in the other guest rooms as well. But by the time we talked with our friends and found out that their rooms were just fine, it was really too late to ask for a room change. In retrospect, we should have asked for a room change when we first arrived. The hotel seemed fairly empty (off season) so I'm sure we could have been accommodated. I don't know why they put us in that room in the first place, however. But we travel quite a bit and should have known better.

Room Tip: Just be sure to inspect the room before you settle in. It's a large hotel and they certainly sh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple