“Outstanding hotel - GREAT Location, excellent service”

Grand Sarai Nafplio
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Nafplio
World Traveller
“Outstanding hotel - GREAT Location, excellent service”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Fantastic location in old Nafplio - easy walk to everywhere relevant. Nice large, clean rooms and modern decor. Great service from the front desk. Excellent breakfast. Absolutely loved this place. Highly recommend for a romantic getaway and for families too.

Room Tip: If you can, get a third floor room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SmallBiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
v
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The Gran Sarai offers an excellent location in the old town. Their rooms are extremely well isolated for temperature and noise which makes you sleep very well.
The breakfast offers a large quantity of fresh and home-made dishes.
The staff is very friendly and is always present to assist and bring solution.
We spent 4 nights and we really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Beautiful hotel: tasteful modern adaptation of seventeenth-century building. Large, comfortable rooms, well appointed. Excellent breakfast. Strong wifi signal. Very well located in a beautiful town. Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: No bad rooms as far as I could tell.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I spent more time inside my lovely third floor room at the Grand Sarai than I hade ever intended. I had expected to be touring the sights with my husband, walking the attractive streets, swimming in the blue waters.

Instead, I got sick.

If it had to happen, I'm glad it happened here as I got the kind of loving care one only expects from Mom. First, Katerina, the lovely young woman who cleaned our room, brought up a tray with a bowl of rice and lemon, a dish of biscuits, and chamomile tea. She continued to inquire of me and bring me anything I needed and when it was time to clean the room, she gently lead me to another to rest. In the morning, Daphne prepared a mild breakfast for me and sent it up with my husband. When Georgia was on duty, she did the same. Even the proprietor, Mr. Argiropoulos Vasilis inquired of how I was feeling. I felt very cared for.

I loved sitting on the balcony and I felt a part of the hustle and bustle even on the days when I didn't participate, and as I got better and could go our touring, everything looked even brighter, more interesting, more beautiful.

I would highly recommend this hotel for its beauty, for its location, for its value; most of all I recommend it for the quality of its staff and the caring of its owner who was always on deck making sure everything was going well.

Room Tip: We loved our third floor room with a balcony looking over the old town and harbor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jtybinka
Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed in Nafplio for just one night and holed myself up in the Grand Sarai; its a beautiful hotel and quaint - situated right in front of a Catholic church. The hotel itself is located in a place thats hard to reach and difficult to navigate if you've got no car plus some heavy luggage. There is a service road just above it.

For light travelers its a a very good place to go, as i said its quaint, very comfortable accommodations. Being particular about sleep i hate uncomfortable surroundings; Grand Sarai pulls it off with soft plush pillows and comfortable comforters (yes!). THe bathroom is clean and large enough, larger than most.

The BREAKFAST, so-so.

Its far enough from bars to be considered quiet.

Overall: not bad at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stay on the top floor (we took the one across the elevator, 303) and the view was great. The room next to the right of the elevator must even be better.

A great location especially for us because the Catholic Church was literally 10 steps away! There's a daily service at 9AM.

The constitution square is also very close. And yet, its neighborhood is very quiet. You need to go up a flight of stairs to reach the hotel. So if you have heavy luggage, be prepared to huff and puff.

Stayed April 2014
Maurach, Austria
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

In a wonderful place downtown city of nafplio the first capital of Greece is located this excellent hotel.The rooms are comfortable with magnificent historical center view.A breakfast of high quality plenty of local product with traditional greek tastes.The stuff was friendly and helpful.I think this hotel is one of the best choices tostay in Nafplio!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple