“Go Here!”
Review of Pseiras Taverna

Pseiras Taverna
Ranked #27 of 156 Restaurants in Nafplio
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: By the fireplace in wintertime, or under the jasmin bed in summer, we do our best to provide genuine greek cuisine, in a friendly atmosphere . Meat dishes are our speciality, but we also cater for vegetarians. We are open for dinner every day except Tuesday and on Sunday we serve both lunch and dinner.
Cork, Ireland
“Go Here!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant sometime after lunch and before dinner, having spent a day sightseeing. We were the only customers and the owners were enjoying their own meal. Nevertheless we were warmly welcomed and given their full attention. My wife ordered intestines roasted on a spit and I ordered the more conservative lemon lamb. It seems that most foreigners do not order intestines but locals do. If you do the same you will be well rewarded ... it was delicious. My lamb was also delicious. We spent a total of ten days in Greece and I can say that this was both the best and most memorable dining experience we had. It was all about the food and the family atmosphere and service and not about the decor, which is not remarkable in any way other than its authenticity. I think it is within easy walking distance of anywhere you might stay in Nafplio, but since we were in the car we used the GPS. You may need to consult a map.

• Visited February 2013
chryssakout, Owner at Pseiras Taverna, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Smith,
Thank you so much for the nice things you are writing about us. It is true that we rely on people like you telling other people that we are worth looking for, preferably with a map or a GPS. That's why we try so hard to make the search worth doing.
Thank you again.
Warm regards,
Chryssa and Haris

• Greek first
Austin, Texas
“Best Restaurant in Napflio, hands down.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been coming to Napflio for years now and somehow never heard of this place until this year. My first few nights in town I wandered around, ate in a few different places (To Koutouki is decent, and Dionysos is actually pretty good--fresh calamari, when To Koutouki's was frozen and mediocre), and finally made my way across town to O Pseiras. Thank God I did.

No menu, but no worries. Get the lamb. Get the top-notch dolmades. Get the "green balls" (fried balls of spinach, feta, and spices). The chicken and pork in wine and mustard are also great. If any member of the friendly, wisecracking family comes up to your table and tells you that you should probably order X at this point in the meal, just smile and ne your way into some delicious surprise or other... And be prepared to be surprised at the bill.

You know that feeling you get when the prices in a restaurant are a little vague or obscure, and you're nervous that you can't even guess at what the bill might say. This is one of those places, but in bizarro-universe. Each night I went I got more and more food and the bill was less and less. Even the first night my jaw dropped at the price--easily HALF of what I would have paid for a far inferior meal down in the increasingly touristy and gelato-infested harbor-resort part of town.

I've spent a lot of time in Greece, and have had a few places jockey for my favorite restaurant, but the competition is pretty much over at this point. My haunts in Athens, Heraklion and Aegina are holding in there because they have the squid just how I like it, but no other place in Greece is this delightful and delicious, no matter what you order. Number One. Can't recommend highly enough.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jon O
chryssakout, Owner at Pseiras Taverna, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I can't thank you enough. As I have said, it is highly unlikely that we will ever become rich moneywise from our small business, so we might as well get rich in new friends. I wish you a very nice tour over the rest of Europe and sincerely hope to see you again teaching a new group of students about our culture and history. It was remarkable how you got to grips with the way we communicate with our customers and accepted to be "bullied" into our reccomendations. I'm glad we lived up to what we had promised.
Travel safe
Warmest regards,
Chryssa, Haris
Mexico City, Mexico
“Delicious home made food!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

So we went back again, fourth time now and still happy as ever. Haris made superb dolmas, horta, rooster with pasta and our favorite, the lemon lamb! The open fireplace and welcome by Haris and Chryssa (as old friends) sets the scene. This is not like going out for dinner, it is more like coming home for a homecoocked one.
We wish you a great newyear and 2013. Definately see you in 2013.
Royal greetings, HM &E

2 Thank estdk_10
chryssakout, Owner at Pseiras Taverna, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you once again. It is like having friends for dinner and not customers any longer, not to mention that you know the menu by heart. Have a Happy New Year. See you soon.
warm wishes,
Chryssa, Haris, Fani.
Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious food, fantastic service!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We visited O Pseiras after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not let down at all with our experience there. The food was amazing and the service from the owners was great, open to have a chat and answer any questions we had.

Visited November 2012
chryssakout, Owner at Pseiras Taverna, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you very much for your kindness. We also had a nice time chatting with you and felt very proud at how much you were enjoying our food. Have a nice time.
Warm regards,
Chryssa, Haris
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great food,friendly service”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

After reading all these great reviews we knew we had to visit Pseiras.
We did not regret it. Our food was really tasty,prices were fair and the service was fast and friendly.My boyfriend told me that he felt like visiting his family for lunch.
We will visit again when we go back to Nafplio.

• Visited November 2012
chryssakout, Owner at Pseiras Taverna, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you guys for the nice review. Rafina is not very far so do come again. We also enjoyed talking to you, and the cat misses his stroking.
Yours