“A wonderful adventure!”

Private Day Sailing with Captain Aris
More attraction details
Owner description: A yacht available to you for day sailing trip, sailing instruction, or extended sailing cruise.
Charlotte, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A wonderful adventure!”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Some friends and I spent a day with captain Aris while traveling with our study abroad group and had a great time! He taught us all alot about sailing and took us to some of the most beautiful and interesting places that I've been! It was great fun and relaxing at the same time! A perfect way to spend a free day in Nafplion!

3 Thank miltovm0

• Greek first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A not-to-be-missed sailing lesson with swimming and relaxation time in stunning seascape”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

During my first trip to Nafplio five years ago, I met Captain Aris and signed on to take a daily cruise. What an exhilarating experience! The day passed so quickly because we were learning how to "see" the wind, how to trim the sails, how to steer, how to jibe, and how to dive off the seat platform at the prow with the Captain's expert advice. Everyone took turns honing their newly discovered skills at the various tasks. Anchor was set in a pristine and private location for the lunch, swimming, and sunbathing in the middle of the cruise. Snorkle gear was supplied to those who wished to view the underwater scenery - another landscape as rugged as what is found above, only in shades of blues and greens with sunbeams turning schools of fish into silver flashes against the dramatic background. Sailing back, we reinforced what we had learned in the morning.

I have returned to Nafplio every year for five years and have gone on countless cruises with Captain Aris and his clients, who are from all over the world and of every age. I have watched children proudly wenching the lines and families learning and working together to sail to an unknown destination to be determined by the ever-changing winds.

So, if you love the sea or wish to overcome any fears of it, and love being closer to the water only hearing the wind on the sails, and desire to learn the rudiments of sailing, I highly recommend this cruise. The cost is reasonable, too.

3 Thank MariaFranceTravels
NY, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A day on the water - Amazing!”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

During a recent road trip in Greece my friend and I were in Nafplio one evening and were turned off by the tourist shops and massive restaurants at every corner. We found the place cute but kitschy; it seemed like we were facing a wasted day on an otherwise wonderful adventure in Peloponnese. Then I found Captain Aris sitting in his lovely 42" boat on the boardwalk. He has a small sign advertising instructional sailing day trips, I chatted with him, my friend came by to check it out -- and we went for it.

The next day just the two of us boarded his charming boat and set off for an adventure. Aris, a kindly, intelligent, 60-something Greek man who speaks flawless British English, literally showed me the ropes: how to hoist sails, guide the jib, unfurl the mainsail, you name it. He was patient and funny and tolerated my and my friend's many mistakes. It was fun to have something new to do, the views of the Saronic coast were unbelievable, and the fresh air was invigorating.

It was an incredible way to cap off our trip, and saved us from strolling around rather boring shops in Nafplio. I can't recommend Captain Aris highly enough!

4 Thank Lion-of-Judah-18