See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

It is a clean hotel but room is small. Size of bathroom is good. Breakfast is poor. Price is acceptable and reasonable for the quality of the hotel. Bed is good and convenient. If someone is during a business trip this hotel is nice choice

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I've stayed at this hotel twice before and I'm sorry to say that the standards have fallen since I reviewed it in 2014. Back then, I wrote that the location was good but the hotel itself was in poor condition and in need of refurbishment. Still, considering the low price, I said you get decent value for money. Sadly, this is no longer the case. We have used this hotel for several years now as part of our annual school trip, but seeing how far standards have fallen, we have informed our travel operators that we do not wish to return for a fourth time.

A few things ruined it for me:
- Firstly, the NOISE. Nafplio is a quiet town, but you wouldn't know it from this experience; there are constant noises coming from various equipment and worst of all was a loud buzzing noise coming from the A/C unit even when it was turned off. I felt like taking a sledgehammer to that thing. Not only was it hard to sleep - I even woke up in the middle of the night, two nights in a row. Considering the hotel is also built with concrete and tiles, noises in the halls are amplified.
- I was also rather ticked off by the fact that the staff were SMOKING in the lobby. Despite the six (!) signs saying there's no smoking indoors, they were smoking while watching football in the evening. They stopped when I told them to, but did it again the next evening. This tells me that the staff are more concerned with entertaining their friends than keeping their guests happy.
- The SERVICE has fallen in other areas as well; several times, we were not given enough bedlinen. And when some of us asked the reception for sheets, they seemed confused. In a hotel, there should be one set of bedlinen for each individual bed - they didn't seem to understand this.
- The state of the ROOMS is shoddy; a bit dilapidated. The bathroom was okay standards-wise, but poorly ventilated.

Anything GOOD to say? Well, yes, I suppose he wi-fi is surprisingly good, and the location can still be mentioned as a plus, since it's close to cafés and within walking distance of the old town... The problem is that given Nafplio's size, lots of hotels have this.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Petter U
Aspasia M, Διευθυντής at Hotel Elena, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

We are very sorry that your stay here was not enough for your standards. We apologized for the inconvenience for the spoke in the lobby, but also we have 6 more signs that says not to take the towels to the sea side. We do not have extra beach towels .we do our best to satisfy our guests and all the complaints will be resolved if you said something during your stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Nice clean and tidy. The rooms need a renovation, especially the bathrooms, but in general it was ok. Breakfast was amazing, everything prepared on the spot for the guests, fresh and hot. Good choice for families. Not too fancy, so if you're looking for luxury, look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2017

I spent 10 days in this hotel with my Greek boyfriend, and we were very satisfied with everything! The room was very comfortable, fully equipped with more than the basics (it had a mini-fridge, modern TV, and airconditioning that was very much appreciated in July!). The bathroom looked like it was renovated recently. The room got cleaned every single day. The staff was very friendly (after a couple of days, although the hotel was full because of the seminar that we participated in, the guy at the front desk remembered us and handed us over the key of the room, without us even mentioning the number, always with a smile). The hotel was close to eveything (old town and beach). The breakfast was diverse and of very good quality. Defenitely recommendable!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2016

Nothing special, but it does the job for a fair price Clean, if small rooms. Located in the newer part of town, it is much more convenient to access by car than hotels in the old town. We found parking right outside of the front door.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple