“Nice little restaurant, friendly staff”
Review of Ta Fanaria

Ta Fanaria
Ranked #39 of 173 Restaurants in Nafplio
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very friendly staff, loved their veggie dishes, zucchini balls, and eggplant Imam in particular. When we declined the artichokes at lunch time and went back for dinner, the artichokes were finished, but they went down the lane to see if a neighbouring restaurant good help out. No luck, but good effort! They are very proud of their chef who has worked there continuously for 30+ years, even ushered my brother-in-law into the kitchen to meet him!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

good taste resonable prices good service\
well cooked food try the lamp
it has to find some more special dishes all the others are common

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I usually try to avoid tavernas in touristic places because the dishes are often pre-cooked and re-heated. "The lights" <Phanaria> came as a surprise to me and my company. The portions are good ,the food was like homemade and the restaurant was full of nice odors. The service was quick but the restaurant itself should be a bit more well preserved or cleaner.However, the food is well worth it.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Although there was nothing really wrong with this place, I wouldn't say it is the best place to eat. You can find traditional dishes here, the food is tasty and the prices are ok, but I think more care could be given to details. Service was quite good, compensating a bit for the average quality of the food.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

As a solo traveler, I was a bit afraid to go eat out on my own - awkward situation to come?
Yet, from the moment I saw the menu outside, I made up my mind for Phanaria. And it was a great choice! The patron was outside and attempted to convince me to come (I was already convinced) by taking me inside and showing me the kitchen around, with a look at every dish. Amazing! Everything looked and smelled so good! (and the kitchen is very clean). The service was very fast and friendly. I had a delicious moussaka for 6.50eur (Kostas makes it for 32 years now) and a lovely Greek dessert... on the house! In the end, instead of feeling awkward and out of place, I spent a delicious evening and still smile when I think of it :)

1  Thank Julie B