Review Highlights
Sea Kayaking Tours

We had an amazing time with Alex, who planned and delivered various locations for me and my friends... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2018
Curious24161031297
Wow

What a stunning day spent on the Sunken City Tour. The other reviews are pretty exhaustive so I’ll... read more

Reviewed November 2, 2018
aguysomewhere
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Nafplio
from $44.77
More Info
from $103.31
More Info
All reviews city tour kayak tour eco farm sea kayaking medieval castle private beach snorkeling gear sea life teenage boys delicious snacks single kayaks enjoyed fresh plant life life jackets windstar cruise fresh sea urchins perfect team
Reviewed August 27, 2017

My husband and I loved our half-day kayaking tour with Alex on the Medieval Castles Nafplio. It is a wonderful experience especially if you only have a short time to visit the Peloponnese. Alex told us so much information about Greece's history. Such a fun day trip! The perfect combination of informative history and a fun adventure! Our tour was a very short kayaking tour so it would not be the best for an experienced kayaker who was looking for a longer excursion.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful day kayaking around the coast from Epidavros. It is very beautiful. The guides were excellent and tried to do everything they could to make our day fun. We ate awesome food and saw beautiful sights. I was a little disappointed with the level of kayaking as I wanted to really kayak far. The tour put experienced paddlers with inexperienced ones which is what they had to do. Alex is a great teacher and managed well to handle all the different levels. This trip would be great for a beginner and anyone not too fit who wants a fun adventure. I highly recommend the trip.

Date of experience: August 2017
Alex P, Owner at PanExpeditions, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Hello Sue!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I would also like to thank you for recommending us to Mark. He and his wife joined the Ancient Sunken City tour too, a few days later. :)

Indeed, I saw you wanted to paddle more. The reason I didn't take you further to paddle more, while the rest of the group were having lunch, was because I was worried about the fire that started above Epidavros, while we were paddling, and I needed to have the group united in case it became necessary to move back to our cars quickly. Otherwise I would have moved on along this coastline with you, as we discussed, to enjoy a bit more paddling.

But this specific tour has so much to include which is difficult to paddle more than what we did. We snorkel right above a 3,500 year old archeological site, where people take their time, we do the food tasting at the eco-farm, and we visit 2 different beaches at which we snorkel and have meals in each one, and all the rest that we include to enrich the experience. In the end, the tour lasted 2h more than normal, as we never ask our customers to start our return when we see how much they enjoy themselves.

When it is not August, at the peak of our season, we always divide the beginners from the experienced. But even if we do, the purpose of this specific tour is to combine all the richness of Greece in one 6h tour. Our beautiful sea, the stunning coastline, with archeological sites and culture, as well as traditional Greek products, and using the kayaks as our vehicle to meet all these factors, rather than having just a kayak tour.

Next time, you are more than welcome to join our Wilderness Argolida tour, which is all about kayaking at the wildest place of Argolida, all forests with pines hanging above the rocks, with various coves of turquoise coloured waters and perfect beaches. This tour is all about kayaking at the most beautiful part of all Argolida and we decide all together, guides and customers, when it would be time to start our return. And of course as a returning customer, you are eligible to our returning customer discount. ;)

Again, my deepest gratitude for your kind words. Please send my best wishes to the rest of the family too! :)

Alex

Reviewed August 16, 2017

This day tour was the best day of our vacation! Alex and his partner were amazing. They took so good care of us! They gave us great instructions and the kayaking was so much fun. We stopped at several beautiful beaches and they brought snorkeling gear for us. Me and my better half loved this tour. Definitely worth the drive from Nafplio! Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Me my boyfriend and his sister did the Sunken City Tour together with a fourth person who tagged along. Alex and Panajotis were extremely professional and friendly, and it was very easy to forget that we we were in a tour instead of simply kayaking with friends. From the beginning Alex made it very clear that we decide on the pace and how we want to kayak, and this versitility and openess is what makes you forget that you actually paid for a tour. The food was great, the views were stunning, and kayaking was incredibly fun. Even though the winds on our way back were a bit hard it was impossible not to keep the spirits high because everything was such a pleasure. There is a reason this is so highly rated, and words are not enough to describe it, you will just have to try it yourself! Alex and Panajotis thank you again for such a memorable day!

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked Alex for an all day tour. He was great! We felt very comfortable with him as our guide. Even more so after learning about all his experience with kayaking and survivalist skills. He took us to a semi crowded beach but only to bring us to snorkel the sunken ancient trading port, which was So cool! He then served us fresh fruit and this delicious fruit cake. He also brought us to an eco-farm/restaurant on that beach where we got to sample all organically harvested olives, fruits, jams, and herbs. It was great! We then kayaked to a completely private beach where Alex freshly prepared us a Greek salad and served us stuffed tomatoes made by an old Greek woman he knows. It was probably the most delicious thing I ate my whole trip. Alex took our go-pro and rock climbed up the mountain and took breath taking pictures of us and the beach/ocean. He had a canopy set up so we could be in the shade, he also let us take a short nap on the beach to energize for the way back.The tour itself wasn't very difficult but did require some strength/skill to kayak. He was very patient, friendly, humorous and most of all educational. He was very informative of every place we went/everything we saw. I recommend Alex and his company to anyone who visits this area of Greece! It was a full day and definitely worth it! Thank you Alex!!