“Great homemade food”

Taverna Gefyra Preveli
Ranked #14 of 55 Restaurants in Plakias
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Cafe, Grill
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Excellent stuffed vegetables,great lamb chops, friendly atmosphere and generous service.Went there 2 times. For this touristic yet isolated location we didn't expect it to be so good.

1  Thank omerg869

Reviewed August 16, 2018

Delightful location, a relaxing lunch break before entering the winding path to Preveli. Simple but tasty dishes, moderately priced.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Great meal in the beautifull enviroment, very near the road and yet distant enough to relax and enjoy

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Food was average, refreshing spot next to the river that runs to preveli beach. Service is ok. Would not rave too much about it. Mostly tourists. Have been there two or three times on our way to the beach. Safe place for reasonably priced Greek food.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

I live locally, but haven't visited this taverna for a year - my last visit was also a disappointment. This time, we went on a warm (35C) day, and eating under the trees, looking at the river, should be a pleasure. My friends arrived before me, and said they were waiting for another guest. They were each given a menu, I wasn't given one when I arrived nor were any of us given the usual welcome glass of water.

Service is unfriendly and slow. There were definitely enough staff that things like bread and drinks should have come promptly. They didn't, nor were we offered the usual amuse bouche. The food was ok, portions a bit small (which suits me in this heat). We were given cake and a homemade liqueur after the meal, but weren't told 'Good Health' as is usual. I felt they were going through the motions without the courtesy of pasting on a smile.

All in all, beautiful surroundings, fair food, and rotten service. Shame, they could have a goldmine there if the service improved.

Date of visit: July 2018