Youth Hostel Plakias
$104
Horizon Beach Hotel(Plakias)(Great Value!)
$54
$52
Lamon Hotel(Plakias)
$62
$60
Costas & Chrysoula(Plakias)(Great Value!)
$68
Hotels.com
$127
$123
Hotels.com
All reviewsrenting a carsimple breakfastsolo travellerrooms are spaciousulihammocksdormbeachescretefacilitiesgermanhillmountains
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nothing stands out here typical squeaky low wood bunks, no a/c so hot in high season although the wind I. Plakias is INSANE June-August but still hot, weak water pressure and coldest showers i had on the island but nice spacious showers no less, nice manager I saw a couple times, no kitchen but a packed fridge. the communal space is too spread out the tables should be connected instead it creates groups, I met some nice ppl there that I went out with and went on self tours with but the hostel itself does nothing to bring ppl together. If you're comfortable going up to a table full of strangers it won't bother you but there weren't any events to bring ppl together and the hostel is spread out and there's long term ppl who keep to their quarters. Maybe not the best for solo travelers. Ask for an ensuite room otherwise the bathrooms would be bit of a walk at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at Plakias Youth Hostel in July and I absolutely loved it! 10 euros a night with breakfast, you cant beat that...the dorm rooms are great and very clean....I had so much fun and I didnt want to leave...beautiful setting in the trees with lots of hammocks to relax in....5 minutes walk to the beach.
Uli, the German manager was very hospitable and drove us around to check out the local beaches..

Thank you for everything Uli! Say hello to the cats (mum and prince) for me!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Truly one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in (and I have traveled all over the world). It feels like home but in the most cool surroundings ;-) I visited with my children - and I would recommend the hostel to anyone regardless of age!
I hope to be back! ;-)

Room Tip: Ups...no fitnesscenter - but who needs that when you can just take a walk up to Myrthios ;-)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place was amazing but it would be more amazing if you rented a car and could drive around the island. The activities you can do around this area are AMAZING. The staff are friendly and the beds are comfortable. They offer a very cheap breakfast and its very nice. We would like to come back here one day.

Room Tip: There are only 8 bed dorms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smellapike
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Been here for 9 nights and it was sure worth the while. The atmosphere is amazing, you can just go here on your own and you will most certainly immediately catch up with some very pleasant people. I went here with a friend of mine and we met a lot of young people from a whole range of different countries, it was really inspiring.
Another great aspect: it's ridiciously cheap to stay here (10 euros a night with a small discount if you stay longer than a week. Or so it was at the time I was there, which was in the last week of july). The toilets, rooms and douches etc. are very clean as well.
I'd really highly recommend this hostel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends