“Welcoming,professional,fresh and tasty amazing dishes!!!”
Review of Tasomanolis

Tasomanolis
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Plakias
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Very beautiful location,sea view,kind staff,big portions and really good cooking.Finaly we found a beautiful place to eat fantastic sea food in Crete.Will turn back again and again with pleasure.Good quality and quantity with onset prices.Thank you Itso!!I recommend everyone to try it!!!

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

What a great place food and staff excellent. Would highly recommend this restaurant to eat. Lovely view

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a very nice lunch at Tasomanolis. Very fresh fish and yummy, foraged wild mountain greens. All washed down Dourakis wine.

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Great taverna near the beach. The fishes where supreme, we took 3 different fishes all was very tasteful, real recommended.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

Top restaurant in the area, it gets very busy so make sure you either come early or make a reservation. I agree with all the previous posters – this restaurant deserves its excellent ranking: the seafood is as good as it gets here (and they are honest if some of the stuff are frozen, not fresh, eg the calamari and mussels), especially the fish, they are all freshly caught on the day. We came early and got a table even without reservation – I noticed all other tables had ‘Reserved’ cards on them for different times, I also noticed a number of diners being turned away later because there were no more tables available. The staff were really really nice to us. Christos(?), the head guy, was patient with our basic Greek and served us with slight bemusement (even taught me how to order red wine in Greek!). Loved the waitress (never got her name but she is a local Cretan), she was bubbly, cheerful and efficient. Everything that we ordered was delicious. We had grilled octopus and beetroot dip for starters – really tasty and filling. Our mains were grilled sea bass, salmon lasagne and mixed grill (yes, they do serve meat too!). Oh my, the servings are huge! I had to beg my companions to help me finish my mixed grill (lamb chop, pork kebabs, Cretan sausage and meat patty with rice and grilled vegetables), then apologized to the waitress for not being able to finish my plate ha ha! By this time, the restaurant was already buzzing and filling up. Nevertheless, the staff maintained their good cheer and efficiency. We were given panna cotta for dessert (‘on the house’ the waitress said, as well as the raki…oh my!). We asked for our bill as we wanted to free up our table for other diners as we noted a number of them being turned away – such was the popularity of this place. When the bill came we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was for the sumptuous meal (and drinks) we just had – just around 60euros for 3 of us! We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: September 2018