“Beyond my expectations”

Residenz Heinz Winkler
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Heinz Winkler, one of the most successful top chefs in Germany and founder of the Cuisine Vitale offers unique star cuisine combined with excellent service. Between Salzburg and Munich, not far from the Chiemsee lake, the five-star Residenz Heinz Winkler is nestled in a Bavarian fairytale scenery.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the best food I have ever eaten. I had Imperial Caviar and Lightly Smoked Sturgeon for my appetizers. I will never forget them. My son had Veal Checks that were the most spectacular food I have ever seen. This is truly a culinary mecca. Heinz Winkler is a genus and a secret the world has yet to discover. I hope I get to eat this Master Chefs creations again in my life.

There are newer reviews for Residenz Heinz Winkler

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and me love this restaurant. It's the perfect place for a little vacation. The food is fantastic and we can only recommend to let the sommelier choose the wines with it. We even had on my birthday a very nice cooking course with the chef Heinz Winkler. And definitely stay over night in the hotel with a great spa area and a lovely breakfast.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We visited for a Saturday lunch. The little town is quite pretty and it's a short walk from the station.

The dining room is quite stuffy but the views are nice. We found it quite formal and lacking a little in atmosphere.

Service was quite good, some of the staff were a little cold, but a couple of them were quite friendly. Heinz was in residence but did not visit our table, he visited one table though.

The food on the lunch menu was pleasant but not that memorable. The mains were nice- we had lamb with a herb crust and veal cheeks.

It was nice enough but not for the price paid and as we don't visit the area often we probably won't be going back.

1  Thank Melbournep2005
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Unforgettable fine dining experience (8 plus 2 complimentary courses) created by the German master chef Heinz Winkler. Masterclass cooking with top of the range show serving and ambiance. Very special, memorable dishes, even after many years ...stayed there in 2003. It took me many years to write this review ... but now it's done the house justice.

1  Thank piatosca
Reviewed July 17, 2012

if you want to know how food can taste visit Heinz Winkler in Aschau, always sensational from appetizer through desert, top notch servive and a beautiful Bavarian Alps surrounding with rooms to stay and eat more the next day! Excellent prive value relationship.

2  Thank curtis69