“A Very Special Gastronomic Experience”

Residenz Heinz Winkler
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Heinz Winkler, one of the most successful top chefs in Germany and founder of the Cuisine Vitale offers unique star cuisine combined with excellent service. Between Salzburg and Munich, not far from the Chiemsee lake, the five-star Residenz Heinz Winkler is nestled in a Bavarian fairytale scenery.
Maribor, Slovenia
“A Very Special Gastronomic Experience”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Unforgettable fine dining experience (8 plus 2 complimentary courses) created by the German master chef Heinz Winkler. Masterclass cooking with top of the range show serving and ambiance. Very special, memorable dishes, even after many years ...stayed there in 2003. It took me many years to write this review ... but now it's done the house justice.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank piatosca

• Czech first
Munich, Germany
“treat your taste buds”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

if you want to know how food can taste visit Heinz Winkler in Aschau, always sensational from appetizer through desert, top notch servive and a beautiful Bavarian Alps surrounding with rooms to stay and eat more the next day! Excellent prive value relationship.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank curtis69
Montreal
“very nice but...”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I ate lunch here on a lovely Saturday afternoon. We were seated in the terrasse, which apart from some pesky wasps, was pleasant. The first thing you notice is the service: very formal, with at least three or four people hovering around at all times. The staff were efficient but very stiff. Perhaps this is what Germans like or expect from an upscale place. The waiter did give good advice on the wine, which was excellent. But they seemed somewhat impatient and I would not describe them as excessively friendly.
As for the food, there was one spectacular dish and the others were merely good in my opinion. The amazing one was a carpaccio of langoustines which was out of this world. I had a lobster salad for an appetizer that was nice but nothing really exceptional. For my main course I ordered pigeon because that seemed interesting and unusual. It was very good, but again not exceptional. The dark breast meat was cooked correctly and it was served on a little mousse of some sort. Good presentation overall, but given the prices, which are very steep, one might expect more. That was my overall opinion, that for a multi-starred restaurant with very high prices, the experience should be outstanding throughout, and not merely very good. Perhaps dinners are better, I don't know; but the lunch was not a bargain (more than 200 Euros for three people).

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank JorgeB
darmstadt
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Fabulous food, great service, competent sommellier. Been there a few years ago and found the restaurant even better - if thats possible. The duck liver with green pepper was superb and the roasted duck the best in a long time. Higly recommended!

This is a great hotel too.

• Visited September 2011
Calgary, Canada
“One of the best meals and best service in years!”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We've had an extended stay in Bavaria and had planned to go to Prague for my 45th birthday. Due to family illness we had to cancel that trip and instead decided to get away for just one night to the Residenz Heinz Winkler which was highly recommended by local friends. We could not have been happier with our decision. We had dinner on Friday night and we also had friends meet us for lunch on Saturday. The service and attention to detail is impeccable. My husband speaks German but I'm not fluent and the staff was very helpful with my menu choices.

The small sampling of soup and bite size appetizers was quite tasty and the presentations were works of art. My husband had a smoked eel appetizer which melted in your and I had the caviar appetizer with creme fraiche which is beautifully served and the taste was magnificent. For entrees I had the venison filets with red curry and my husband had the veal cheeks. Both were delectable but the veal cheeks were the best as the melted in your mouth. I had them for lunch the next day!

Neither of us are big sweet eaters so we opted for a cheese plate which had a wonderful sampling. Although, we don't have the sweet tooth I did opt to try on of the house made truffles filled with lavender and had the most wonderful flavor (I had one after lunch on Saturday too).

We would highly recommend this restaurant especially for a special occasion and a bit of romance!

• Visited January 2011