I happen to find a good offer for this hotel but my partner looked at the picures and asked me to book another hotel. Glad I didn't find another place on short notice and the quaity of the hotel definitely exceeded our expectations we had based on the pictures. Here are the big plus points:
1. Super friendly and helpful staff and the owner is around most times. They also answer quick to email questions!
2. Very quiet at night despite its central location.
3. A lot to discover in the area including Wellness Spa, "Barock-Strasse" with acient churches (don't miss the renovated abey in Gutenzell itself), Nature by foot or bicycle (and kneipp in the river behind the hotel), Shopping (in Biberach) and last but least excellent food in the hotel restaurant.
4. Cosi corners on each floor that invite to read a book or spend time on your tab (free Wifi on each floor).
5. Wifi is free and works well :-)
6. Continental breakfast buffet with fresh food sourced locally.
7. Rooms and bathroom is clean and functional
8. General CCs are accepted - no cash needed
Some of the minus that might bother you (but we didn't mind):
1. No elevator - use the stairs
2. Our room seemed to be close to the outlet of the kitchen fan. Ask for another room if you mind the smell of toast in the morning
3. Bathroom wasn't super modern - at least we knew how to operate the knobs this way
4. The pillow was rather flat - more pillows are aparently available on request
5. No undercover parking - street parking is free and close to the hotel though.
We would stay there again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel-Gaststatte Klosterhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.