“A good new find”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had driven past this little gem a good few times and always meant to give it a go .. well last night we did.

There is indoor seating in the main part of the restaurant building and out side seating across the road in a sort of farm building courtyard with views if the old castle ruins--pretty good.
There is some limited official parking and a fair bit of pull into the side of the road parking.

The lady owner and her little friendly waiting help were lovely and very friendly, our French is on the up but we still need a little help and this was quickly forth coming in English.

The pizza choice was very good with a few new to me ideas and came in two sizes large and a proper size for a larger appetite. There are salad options and a few meat options all looked good.
A fair bottle wine selection and a very good carafe wine selection at reasonable prices. I did see the chef whom I will presume is one of the owner -management team--seemed very friendly.

All in all a pleasant meal in good surroundings at a fair cost. They do give out the loyalty card for a free pizza when you have filled the card, all of this good for business.

Beware the home made hot sauce as it is just that -hot - but you are forewarned.- They also do a good trade in take away.

2  Thank alexanderSpain

Reviewed April 20, 2013

When we are in France we frequently visit Le Marsala and are always delighted with the experience. Adeline is always friendly, welcoming and very efficient. The menu is extensive, good value and the pizzas are delicious made with fresh ingredients. There is always a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant and during the summer when the terrace is open the views are spectacular. They operate a loyalty card too which is a very nice touch. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank happyholidaymaker48
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The ambiance it wonderful the picturesque veiws of the town stunning, the staff is freindly helpful and courtious,and the meal is a great value for the price and tasty as well...

1  Thank MasamiYenson
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant in beautiful Angles. The staff were welcoming and the food is delicious. The salad camembert chaud starter was plentiful for my husband and I to share and the grande pizzas are very large indeed. My husband is an expert on 'chausson' pizzas and he claimed this was the best he'd had in France. Very good value for money. They were doing a roaring trade in takeaways as well. We sat inside the restaurant but on a beautiful day or a balmy night the terrace will be the place to be. We will be back.

1  Thank happyholidaymaker48
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I have owned a house in Angles since '99 and have dined at le Marsala during every season. I have eaten \solo and have taken every guest I've brought to the house. It's somewhat "de rigeur" to go there as there aren't many places to eat (esp. if one is walking, as is preferred) and also the view from the terrace is stunning and it almost doesn't matter what you're eating!! So when I went there in the Fall 2011 season, I wasn't hoping for fabulous...but what I saw was that there is a chipper, energetic new set of owners who have spiced things up! We had a total veggie menu w/dessert and it was the best night of our holidays. Owners are so sweet/welcoming. Highly recommended, esp. the pizza autumnal and one of th salads. healthy and delicious!!

1  Thank Valerie C