“Beautiful, friendly, great food, great people, wonderful place.”
Review of La Petite Source

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rimons
La Petite Source
Ranked #1 of 1 Rimons B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Luc and Melinda are unpretentious hosts with the gift of hospitality that they lavish on their guests. La Petite Source is a wonderful place for a quiet get away in the middle of the beautiful vineyards of the Bordeaux area. The perfect spot for excellent food and wine, with plenty of towns and villages close by to explore.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 7, 2010

My friends and I had a wonderful time during our stay at Luc and Melinda's. Luc was the best guide we could ask for, as this was our first time in Bordeaux. From the moment he picked us up from the railway station, he hand-held our way to show us an amazing time around the various wineries, restaurants, and beautiful towns for the three days we were there. He rented a mini-bus since there were six of us, and drove us everywhere in regions of Medoc, Pauillac, and St. Emilion. He had planned out detailed itineraries on our behalf, so our trip was stress-free without having to worry about where to go or what to do next. With Luc's incredible culinary background, all of his restaurant and wine choices were beyond expectations-- I enjoyed everything he introduced us to. He shared so much of his knowledge, that all of us learned a great deal about how to taste, enjoy, and appreciate various wines. He also booked us dinner at a 2-Michellin Star restaurant called Chateau Cordeillan Bages, and the food there blew all of us foodies away. However, above all, the most memorable dinner we had was at Luc's place where he prepared delicious meals with perfectly paired wines in a warm and cozy setting. Luc and Melinda are extremely hospitable and their warmth is felt all around the home. All of us had so much fun there that we could not stop talking about our experience and missed Luc and Melinda very much after leaving Bordeaux. This was definitely the highlight of our trip. Thank you to Luc and Melinda for making our trip so memorable. We will definitely be back!

2  Thank JuLu111
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We uncovered a real gem when my wife found this wonderful place on the internet. It lived up to our every expectation & more.
The location of the 300 year old B & B was idyllically located amongst the vineyards down a leafy lane in Rimons, a tiny but beautifully manicured floral village about an hour & 70km south east of Bordeaux & just off of from the Dordogne river.
Melinda & Luc, were the owners & perfect Flemish hosts, so welcoming, considerate & friendly. With their excellent English we were made to feel at home by them immediately. Luc was the brilliant chef & his gastronomy was a delight to savour & we awaited every evening meal with excited anticipation. Both Melinda & Luc's knowledge, selection & explanations of the wines of the region complemented each meal & course perfectly. They made my wife's birthday particularly special & memorable.
We only spent 4 full days at this peaceful & quiet country retreat, but we were very sad to leave the tranquillity & Melinda & Luc's wonderful hospitality.
If you are looking to unwind & de-stress, as well as sample great food & wine, & looking for a good base to explore some other historical cities & towns like Bergerac & St Emilion , then this is the ideal spot for you. We certainly found our little piece of French heaven here.
Thanks Melinda & Luc, & all your family for your warm & friendly company, including Oscar the dog !
Tony & Karen, Bristol, England

Reviewed August 30, 2010

Our trip was actually 9 years ago for our 1 year wedding anniversary. Our favorite memories from our trip to Europe were at this lovely Inn. The food was divine, wine was spectacular and atmosphere was unbeatable. Every morning Mme. would greet us with a big and cherry "Bonjour!" and she would end our evening with an equally hearty "Bonsoir!" I HIGHLY recommend this wonderful place!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Our day with Luc & Melinda at La Petite Source was easily one of, if not THE, highlight of our honeymoon. My husband and I booked a private cooking class with Luc (who is, by the way, a Michelin star chef and used to own and operate his own restaurant in Belgium) via Gourmet Touring. The day started out with a trip to the local market, where Luc taught us how to select the freshest ingredients (e.g. by observing the eyes and shininess of the fish).

We then had lunch at Luc's estate, which also operates as a B&B (my husband and I weren't fortunate enough to stay here overnight because it was booked solid, but had we known earlier what a find this place was, we would've booked earlier! As our day unfolded, we quickly learned why the place was so popular)

Let's start with the food. During our trip to the market, Luc had thoughtfully taken us to the local butcher and hand-picked SIX different types of cold meat delicacies for us to sample for lunch, which included:
1) pork terrine (pig's liver)
2) pig's feet (I ate an entire one myself, since the hubby was too busy stuffing his face with foie gras to take more than a bite of the pig's foot)
3) pate de campagne (mixture of pork & bacon)
4) terrine de poulet (jellied meatloaf w/ chicken)
5) rilletes de loie (a pate-like dish that was pure fattiness (I mean that in a good way))
6) some sort of raw-looking pork slab sprinkled w/vinigrette & parsley

The cold cut spread was delectable, and we enjoyed it with a bottle of chilled local wine produced by Luc's neighbors while sitting on Luc's patio overlooking the gorgeous property. Despite the fact that lunch was technically not included in the package we booked, Luc & Melinda were incredibly attentive, stopping by multiple times to ask how the food was and to see if we needed anything else. The service was impeccable.. and we hadn't even gotten to the main part of the day yet!

After oinking our way through the mammoth lunch spread, strolling around their property (which, no joke, looks like it's from a storybook), and taking a refreshing nap in their twin hammocks overlooking a field of peacefully grazing cows, we got down to business. Luc patiently led us through how to make quail with foie gras, monkfish wrapped in bacon w/ white wine sauce, poached guinea fowl w/ artichoke and cynar sauce, and strawberry soup (easily the best dessert I've ever had)... he even threw in several "extras" which weren't part of the set meal, including snails (with a subtle yet noticably spicy broth) and oysters. Throughout the class, Luc took the time to explain various cooking techniques and provide tips on how to tell when the food was ready. After the cooking class, Luc even offered to give us a jar of red wine vinegar (which he makes himself) to take home.

We then joined the rest of the B&B guests at a banquet-style dinner table overlooking Luc & Melinda's vast property, to enjoy our meal. The company was great, the food was astonishingly good, our wine glasses were never empty, and the ambiance was incomparable - I wouldn't have traded it for any 4-star restaurant in the world.

Even though my husband and I both had high expectations of the cooking class to begin with, our day with Luc & Melinda far exceeded our expectations. Luc & Melinda were such gracious hosts and totally made us feel at home. If I had the opportunity to go back, I would do so in a heartbeat.

Reviewed August 11, 2010

I went to this place with my wife for a cooking class as part of our honeymoon trip, and I can say this is the best part of our trip. In the morning, we followed Luc to the local farmer's market to pick the ingredients. Luc patiently showed us around and even generously bought us some cold meat at the local butchery for us to try out at lunch. No, it wasn't like an "extra charge" as part of our "package". It's like a friend saying "Don't worry about it, I'm your host and I'm supposed provide you with the best experience".

Before the cooking class started, I had the chance to walk around their property. The scene was poetic with clear running waters and happy cows grazing freely on the fields. I fell asleep on their hammock and had the best nap I've ever had in my entire life. Luc dedicated the whole afternoon teaching us how to prepare meals while Melinda was busy setting up an outdoor dining area for us and the other house guests.

It's hard to explain in a few words on how great the experience at dinner was. Good wine continuously flowing and gastronomic meals one after another. Not to mention, the outdoor atmosphere was so nice and we had really good company making friends with the other house guests. After hearing that they were having the same dining experience every single day staying with Luc and Melinda, my wife and felt like we wanted to stab ourselves for not booking earlier with them to stay there. Wait, did I mention Luc is a Michelin star decorated chef too? I guess I missed out that part!

Luc, Melinda and their dog - Oscar were extremely friendly and hospitable. I would definitely come back in a heart beat like I were visiting an old friend.

1  Thank johntan894
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We visited La Petite Source to take a cooking course. The visit to the market, cooking session and dinner were fantastic. What really made the day was Melinda and Luc's hospitality. They are the sweetest and most genuine people you could imagine. When we had issues with our rental car, which left us at their property in the afternoon for longer than expected, they went out of their way to prepare lunch for us and even joined us at the table. When planning our next visit to France, we will definitely consider staying at La Petite Source.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Petite Source? Share your experiences!