“Fabulous outdoor swimming pool”

Hotel St. Peter De Luxe
Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
Crawley
“Fabulous outdoor swimming pool”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was a repeat visit to the St Peter and also our 25th visit to Seefeld. The hotel pulled out all the stops for this visit as did the local tourist office.

A new addititon is the outdoor swimming pool, where else can you swim and look at the mountains at the same time, this would look at the ski slopes of the Rosshutte area in winter. Fabulous newly refurbished south facing room and food to die for.

Thomas on reception cannot do enough for you. Restaurant and bar staff likewise.

This is why we keep coming back to Seefeld and to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try a south facing room for great mountain views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank furnacegreen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have just had one of our best ever stays in Seefeld and this hotel went a long way to making it so good. Not only is it in a great location: close (but not too close) to the town centre, it also has some of the best views in the town of the surrounding mountains. The rooms are large and reasonably priced for a four star hotel, five course dinners are served every night, breakfasts are plentiful (and the food is always excellent), there is a very cosy bar area, very modern leisure facilities including an indoor and outdoor pool and ALL the staff from the receptionists to the waiters and cleaners were friendly.

This hotel has had some fairly tough reviews from other contributors (mainly German) and yes it's true that the hotel is hot, that the furnishings are a little old and the place isn't as swish or modern as some four star hotels. But it's an old holiday hotel in a beautiful Tyrolean village with lots of character and any shortcomings are more than made up for by the friendly service and amazing views. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Book a south facing room for the views. If you're North facing there's very little to see ex...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank politicsandrew
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our second visit to Seefeld specifically to improve our x-country skiing. Could not get into our first choice hotel but were pleased with the Inghams deal here. Latest comments on Trip Advisor were off putting but we found all the staff we encountered, very pleasant and accommodating. Restaurant meals ( 5 courses in the evening ) offered plenty of choice and we found the food to be excellent. Our room was in the older part but we overlooked the church and the views were spectacular with sun on the balcony until 2.30ish. Our room was fine with plenty of wardrobe space. Only on one occasion did I smell cigarette smoke on the towels - I was especially taking note. As others have said, it is simple enough to insist on no smoking in the laundry to eliminate what is obviously going to be a concern to many. I used the pool after morning skiing and was on my own most days, it did get much busier later in the afternoons.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the church and ski school beginners area get morning and early afternoon sun.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyPatricia
Lancashire
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We visited this hotel with Crystal ski company. It was rated as 4star plus. We were disappointed with our room which was in the old part of the hotel. Carpets were frayed, there was a hole in the sofa and the room was not what you expect of a 4star hotel. The minibar was a card with prices on and 2 bottles of water on a tray no drinks in a fridge as you would expect.
The hotel swimming pool facilities in the new part of the hotel are very nice.
The dining room has some nice parts and some not so nice, your table is yours for the duration of the stay, we were shown to one which was on a corner and would have been banged by everyone going past, the next was tucked in a corner next to breakfast table after refusing this we were finally showed to one in the nice area and we were happy with that although the waiters are not particularly friendly with English people.
Our room had a nice view which was the only good thing about it, we would not recommend this hotel and will not be going back although we will go back to Seefeld.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Like a previous reviewer, I also booked my stay at this hotel with Bookings.com. After reading reviews I was a little apprehensive about my visit especially after the reception I received from the check-in staff.
As I was staying in Innsbruck for a week, I only booked 1 night at this hotel hence arrived with only ski gear and a rucksack. Whilst reception staff were efficient and polite I felt that they thought I should be staying in a lesser hotel.
My room was in the older part of the hotel and on the top floor. Whilst dated, it was extremely comfortable, clean but at the back of the hotel (this was not a suprise as it was highlighted by Bookings.com.
Dinner was in the main restaurant but unfortunately, on Saturday was a buffet. Very dissappointed as I enjoy waiter service and choosing from a menu. I was allocated a table at the back of the restaurant by the entrance from the bar. The Restaurant Manager apologised for my location without a prompt and then went out of his way to ensure I enjoyed my evening. (note - my rucksack contained an outfit suitable for a De Luxe proprty!). Food selection was very good especially all the salad, cold meet and fish items. Breakfast was also extremely good with the Restaurant Manager addressing me by name and enquiring about my stay - well done.
Different staff were on checkout when I came to leave and the female member of staff was very friendly.
Would I stay again? Not sure. Location is fantastic but staff all need to perform to the same standard of high customer care.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Riverview_13
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'd booked this through booking.com and only later read the Trip Advisor comments. I was alarmed at the stories of some of the staff but I am happy to report they are in the minority. The hotel team was a good size and everything worked efficiently. The restaurant staff looked after us very well. Our rooms were in the old block and were an average size but the beds were delightfully comfortable. I am glad we opted for a balcony, overlooking the very convenient cross country ski school and start of many of the routes. The bathrooms were a good size but the shower arrangements were a challenge for tall people! The pool is small and very busy on New Year week, as expected. A pity some of the other guests let their kids run riot although I enjoyed a very peaceful massage and the calm room with the log fire was lovely. The only disappointment worth mentioning is the lingering smell of nicotine, mentioned in other reviews. I can understand the older building suffering from this but there is no excuse for allowing the towels to smell of cigarette smoke. Just tell the laundry not to smoke there. Simple!! I recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Go for the balcony option in the older building, lovely views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwosimodo9
Athens, Greece
Reviewed December 29, 2012

One of the best vacation ever for our family and our friends. Everything was perfect, the location the staff, the spa the rooms the food were excellent. We hope to come back next year for Christmas and New Year!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 2nd building facing Olympia
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family