“Hotel disappointment”
Review of Waldhotel Seefeld

Waldhotel Seefeld
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Terrible service from rude receptionist who when asked about the sauna, neglected to tell us it is only open from 4-6pm. Dirty bathroom and the wifi only works from the lobby. Watch out in the morning for breakfast as the staff are randomly very controlling about where we sit, even if we are the only ones around. The only positive is that it is in beautiful seefeld.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca W
There are newer reviews for Waldhotel Seefeld

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This hotel was great. It is sitauted at the top end of Seefeld and about 15 minutes walk from the station. It is at the entrance to the ski area and walking area which is brilliant. The hotel rooms were lovely and each had their own balcony. The rooms were clean tidy and very smart and considering the price we paid which was extremely cheap the facilities were superb. The hotel is outside the town centre so it is very quiet at night and so you will get a good nights sleep - very important if you are touring as we were. Seefeld is wonderful - try it! You will enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kirkyGlasgow
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Having visited Seefeld a couple of times with my parents when I was younger, I was keen to go back and explore with my partner now I'm older! This was my first experience of a Seefeld hotel and it was great. Tucked away in the top corner of the village, next to the Rosshutte cable car, a 10 minute leisurely stroll down to the bustling heart of the village was a great way to see more of the countryside and houses around the village.

Our room was spacious and had the most spectacular view of the Hohe Munde that I could have wished for. As a gay traveller, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The main member of staff showed us the best service that I have ever had in a hotel. One evening we spent time in the Hotel Bar and she spoke to us all evening and throughout the course of our stay she 'treated her boys' at breakfast and dinner. When the bus came to collect us at the end of the holiday, she came out to see us off with fruit and cake for the journey!! The food was good on the whole, one evening my partner ordered meatloaf, which arrived cold in the middle. The staff were very apologetic and sorted it out immediately. I would definitely stay there again - true Austrian hospitality!

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room for best view
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chrisrae84
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed at the Walhotel in September and had a lovely holiday. The hotel was spotles, the food was good and plentyful. The staff were friendly and couldnt be more helpful.
If you want a good view over Seefeld I would recomend you ask for a room at the back of the hotel, it is worth paying a little extra for the beautiful view.

The only tip, I would suggest that if you require a car, book it before you go to Seefeld they are very expensive to hire when you get there

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Our ages are 62 - 67and we stayed here for a week it was beautiful, breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner were all well presented and always plentiful . The rooms were all clean and comfortable, its worth paying extra for a seefeld view you can see over to the mountains.The staff are all friendly and very helpful. It is at the top of a hill near the ski slopes and mountain railway. There is a free bus to the villiage. You can easily get to innsbruck and mittenwold by train. It is not possible to hire a car in seefeld and very expensive in innsbruck so would advise to hire in the uk. An excellent holiday was had by all.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for a week in January. It is a great base for skiing as one of the ski areas is a couple of minutes walk from the door and a free bus will take you from there to the other slopes.
The hotel is fairly basic, but comfortable. The interesting wall motifs add a certain something, but don't let them put you off staying here. The staff are friendly and can't do enough to help you. The food is good, but don't expect haute cuisine! However the complimentary 'coffee and Kuchen' are a welcome bonus after a day on the slopes. The staff have a good grasp of English, but are delighted and patient when you try out your German. If you are looking for somewhere that is not overrun by Brits on holiday, but where you can enjoy a relaxed meal and a quiet drink in the evening, then look no further. My only disappointmant was the usual 'austrian Twin' bed and single duvets which made snuggling up to my man not quite as cosy as it might have been! However, the pillow and towel sculpting kept us amused all week.
We had a lovely, relaxing week and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elle38
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stayed at this hotel with one of the ambassadors of music groups from the U.S. last summer. The hotel room was absolutely disgusting. The bathroom toilet was already clogged before we even got there. When asked for someone to fix the toilet, the guy walked in, looked, and walked back out leaving the door open. We asked them repeatedly to fix it. Never happened. Instead, we had to go use the lounge bathroom in which the sink is made for the size of about a 5 year old. The sheets were filthy with hair. There was a couch, made into a bed,and the couch had hair all over it. The door to the outside, came off the hinges several times and there was a thunderstorm outside at the time. The room was sort of big but not as big as in some other hotels in europe. The phone would not work. If you dialed a room number, thinking you'd be reaching a certain person, you'd get someone else. I am going with the ambassadors of music next summer also. I hope I do not have to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business