“One of the worst”
Review of Hotel Klosterbrau

Hotel Klosterbrau
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I can't comment on the hotel, however we decided to have a meal at the hotel restaurant called the Braukeller. It definately was one of the worst meals I have ever had. I ordered a beer and that came quite promptly. There was a strange smell about it though. Either the glass or the pipes the beer fed from the barrel in were dirty. It made the beer very unpleasant. I ordered chicken and fries as I had quite alot of Austrian food that week. The chicken was red hot on the outside and stone cold in the middle. I told the waitress when she finally appeared who just took it away with no apology. She took it to the serving counter and shouted the chef who came over and just stuck his finger in the chicken then carted it off. About five minutes later I was given another plate of chicken and fries. This time it was luke warm in the middle. The fries were like cardboard. I left 90% of the meal. When the waitress, another one this time who looked like Peter Kay, asked ' had we finished' and we said yes she didn't ask why my plate was hardly touched. She basically didn't care as serving customers disturbed her from her conversation with the other staff. We asked for the bill and were aghast to find that the coke my partner had, which was pretty flat was 4.70 euro's. A record for a coke for me I think. To sum up, I would say that this restaurant Braukeller would make the worst Mcdonalds look good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank stuarth106

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Lovely Hotel, with cosy decoration, all kind of amenities, and superb service.
we stayed me and my wife to celebrate her birthday, and we could not have chosen
a better place.
The Seyrling family does a great job at treating their gests.
Highly recomend it.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jose Manuel D
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I agree with all other enthusiastic comments and want to add: I've been there twice now, last year and this year with my son and dog (English Pointerlady, veeerry sensitiv). We went first after 8 years in Davos, Switzerland only because we wanted to see some different tracks (we only do nordic skiing, no alpine).... we came back only for the hotel because, let's face it, Davos is much better for nordic skiing. BUT: this hotel is a dream. We again had a wonderful room, complete with doggie bed, bowls and everything for Coralee's comfort. Our own? Oh yes! Ok, we don't really need the fantastic bathroom because we're in the Spa every day after 5pm. Last year I went for some of the magic treatments (different massages), this year I went for a fantastic haircut in Neil Lall's hairlounge (also truly 5star). The food is simply the best. The salads, the cheese (which we couldn't manage... too happily full after the five courses before). Yes, we went both times at highest high season and thus paid the highest rates but still: it's totally totally worth it! Nothing is missing. Nothing.. friendliness of staff, comfort but most of all atmosphere - all the candles simply enhance the authentic centuries old parts. You can't fake it! This hotel does not have to fake it.
Another thing: the guests are divers. Yes, you have the full zoo at high season and I mean that in a good way. If you want privacy and wish to have your aesthetic sensibilities not insulted by the occasional fashion-crime: stay at home. Here you have it all. It's not the crazy totally over the top protz you have in St.Moritz at the White Turf or the Polo Worldcup. But this is a good thing - still, I recommend nice and eveningy clothes to dinner. No place like a five star hotel to train your kids that at some time you have to wear a suit or at least a jacket with shirt. I don't know what to say to make you go there, you'd be welcome to ask my English Pointerlady Coralee - she'd warmly recommend it, too. And not only because of the doggy dinner card with different dishes..... if you know what's good for you, you'll love this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Manacor
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have always loved this hotel , stylish , comfortable , warm and pleasant , cant fault in any way at all , very nice food , entertainment good , very good location . Staff very friendly and helpful in every way . Not too sure if you could class it as excellent for children but certainly for adults

Room Tip: every time I have stayed the rooms have been lovely , clean, warm
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is a fantastic experience in enjoying life at 100 % +, it starts with the pick up at the railway station and end with a warm shake end before leaving.
The management and the crew make a fantastic job, you fell at home.
The food is first class and the breakfast buffet has everything you need. In my opinion the Spa is one of the best in Europe and special the combination of old historical part of the building and new techniques is unique. The out- and in-door pools give you the possibility to feel good and charging energy. The rooms are top and the service excellent (twice a day).
This hotel has to bought to your list.

Room Tip: Take a room to the south side -
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JeanSwitzerland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is quite simply stunning - an incredible mix of ancient monastery and sumptuous 5-star luxury. The new spa is truly world-class, the food and wine superb and the staff welcoming and friendly. What makes it so special is how it combines cosy Tirolean ambience with exquisite service and facilities. Its location in the heart of Seefeld makes it perfect for exploring this picturesque village, ideal for skiers and non-skiers alike. My husband and I have stayed here 10 times and hope to return many times more. This year we took out 9 month-old baby daughter for the first time, and the welcome she received couldn't have been better - she loved it! We found the baby-listening service fantastic and baby-sitting was available too. It surely must be one of the best hotels in the Alps.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire7757
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Klosterbrau is a stylish, typical Tirol, family-run, ***** hotel...
Spa is fantastic, restaurant is TOP, rooms are GREAT, service is EXCELLENT, location, in the middle of the pitoresque typical Tyrol-village Seefeld, is GREAT !
For skiing and langlauf it is perfect...skiing especially for families with kids...the ski area is not too difficult and very snow-sure !
The price is not low, but all what's offered makes it very worth to spend some quality time there.
The restaurant Braukeller, which is different then where the hotel-dinner is served, is also a very good place to eat "different" !
In summer hiking, biking, walking, golf is fantastic overthere...Seefeld is multi-active and Klosterbrau makes it complete !

Room Tip: The suites at the street-side are very, very nice !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol
Hotel St. Peter De Luxe
Hotel St. Peter De Luxe
#28 of 59 in Seefeld in Tirol

Been to Hotel Klosterbrau? Share your experiences!