As I write this review, the Veronika is rated on Tripadvisor as 26th out of 64 hotels in Seefeld. I’d say there are very few if any hotels better than the Veronika in Seefeld and certainly not 25!
We have been to Seefeld a number of times in the past but have never stayed at the Veronika, in future it will be our preferred choice. The hotel manages to get the perfect balance between modern luxurious facilities and a cozy traditional atmosphere. All of the public area’s are beautifully designed and very welcoming, the bar is traditional and cozy, a great place to unwind after dinner, the restaurant manages to be both traditional and elegant. The swimming pool area is beautiful with plenty of loungers and towels, the pool itself is large and warm with a built in Jacuzzi.
The food is amongst the best we have had in Austria, evening meals consisted of a salad bar (always fresh with different items available everyday), starter, soup, main course (3 choices), dessert, and a cheese board. The choice at breakfast was huge and everything was constantly replenished. The chef was available to cook your eggs however you wanted right in front of you. Unusually, breakfast was served until 12 midday which meant we had plenty of time to go for a swim or a long walk to build up a decent appetite before eating. Cakes and coffee were also available at no extra charge in the afternoon.
Our room (deluxe) was a good size and well equipped (flat screen TV, DVD player, hi-fi, mini bar, safe). It was decorated to a very high standard and the bathroom was a good size and very modern with a bath/shower combination, a separate shower cubicle and twin wash basins, the toilet was in a separate room. The view from our balcony was a bit restricted but there are lots of other rooms that have a nice view across the town with the mountains as a backdrop. On checking out the manager showed us around a few other rooms in the hotel, they were absolutely gorgeous and I now have a list of preferred room numbers which unfortunately I’m unable disclose as I don’t want anybody getting them before us! (all being well we will be visiting the Veronika again in June).
The staff in the hotel were always pleasant and helpful, the bartender Harry was great fun and provided great company most evenings in the hotel bar. The hotel is great for families (there’s a kiddy’s club on site) and also for couples. If you are travelling as a couple and you want lots of peace and quiet then it might be best to avoid the school holidays.
Seefeld itself is a beautiful small town which is wonderful in both the winter and summer, it is only a 30 minute transfer from Innsbruck airport and is also very close to the German border. There is a train station in the centre of town (5 minute walk from the hotel) and there are lots of activities available throughout the winter and summer. We have been to quiet a few towns in Austria but we are both agreed that Seefeld is our favourite.
Hopefully the attached photographs will give you a decent impression of the hotel, I hope also that our review will help move the Veronika up from it’s current position of 26th!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This family-friendly 4-star hotel in the center of Seefeld features an elegant restaurant and a spa area with an indoor pool. Aktivhotel Veronika organizes various activities. For children, indoor and outdoor play areas and a wide range of activities under professional supervision are available. The Veronika Aktivhotel's spa facilities include a sauna, a solarium, and a modern fitness room. A wide range of massage. During winter there is a free Skishuttle provided by the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your AktivHotel Veronika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aktivhotel Veronika Seefeld
- Aktivhotel Veronika Hotel Seefeld