“Delicious food and friendly quaint place. ”

Waldgasthaus Triendlsage
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

I don't give 5 stars very often but I loved this place. From the location, to the service, the the delicious food. If I stay anywhere here again I will for sure come here and probably eat the same thing I had tonight.

We had a bunch of different main courses. I had the beef dish with onion sauce and crispy onions on top, I can't recall the complicated name. It was delicious, the sauce with wine was unreal. I really loved it. Another had the much room beef special and it was apparently delicious too. Not as strong a flavour as mine but still very good. We also had the spinach cheese balls too, which were also liked, it was very tasty but quite a heavy dish, to be expected. We also had the cheese spatzle dish, it was really nice too.

To top it off we had the apple strudel and the sxhmarne dessert. Both were good. We liked the schmarne the best. It was liked and even a little crunchy too. The sauces were very good and not sweet.

Overall a great experience, great from beginning to end.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I ate really well, the restaurant is very typical, the cutlery and the table are well prepared, shame about the lack of bread basket at the table perhaps in Austria do not have the tradition of putting bread directly over the table as in Italy. the waiters were very friendly, I ate two courses: the cordon bleu and the grill of mixed meat, both good dishes, the mixed grill of meat would need some more meat, for my standards the amount it was little

Reviewed January 29, 2018

A high quality restaurant that is slightly out of town (Seefeld) housed in an old sawmill. Beautiful traditional food done well - with great service and friendly staff.
Took a horse carriage ride from our motel through town which was a 30 minute ride through the forest - a magical experience in the middle of winter. We went as part of a large party of 20 but service was prompt and everyone received their meals at the same time. Not a large wine list but it was good quality local wine - and beer.
If you like modern meals that are light and healthy, this is not the place for you, but if you want to experience local traditional food and service then this is one of the best in the region.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location halfway through a hike - authentic and great local cuisine - friendly staff and great atmosphere - overall must visit in Seefeld. Hope to be back soon!

1  Thank Bela F
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Taxi there and wonderful night walk back through the forest to our hotel larchenhof.
Hospitable Service , ambiance, food all memorable and would thoroughly recommend to anyone staying in Seefeld.
Nothing was too much trouble for the young lady who waited on us. Even told us to ring the restaurant if we got lost walking back to our hotel. Thankyou. Debbie and Anita x