“Everything was exceptional” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Seefeld in Tirol
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Everything was exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

From the moment we arrived everything fell into place,the welcome we received was friendly, the room was clean and had character,the food was lovely as were the staff. The hotel was only a few minutes walk from Seefeld,which in itself was a joy to be in, and there where plenty of shops to visit amongst other delights to see..
We will certainly return in the near future

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank telNorwich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Marktbergel, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here during the last week in December 2011

The hotel room was fairly small, but I was the only one in the room so it was fine. The price was exceptional for the room and meals. Meals at this hotel were really great. The breakfast was bountiful and fresh. The dinner selection changed every night.

Internet service is important to me. It was available there, but only in the lobby which just meant that I would get online at breakfast and at dinner. Nice place to stay to get to know the area for winter activities.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mekaye
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was our first visit to the Hotel Marthe, and it certainly wont be the last.The genuine warm welcome we received from Gerlinde on our arrival set the tone for the rest of the week. Gerlinde`s daughter, Julia, at the reception desk, was delightful, always helpful and informative, and the staff in the dining room and bar cheerful and obliging.
The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated and the food excellent and plentiful. Thanks must go to the kitchen staff, who normally don't get a mention, for preparing such tasty and well presented meals.
I wont go into detail about all that is available, just to say that what you see on the hotel website is what you get! Brilliant value for money!
And the highlight of the week for my wife and I was the evening walk and meal at the Reitherjoch Alm.
So, if you are looking for a warm, friendly, family run hotel amid stunning scenery, look no further than the Hotel Marthe, I`m sure you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Breakfastbar
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

I stayed in the Hotel Marthe for two weeks whilst on a skiing holiday in the area. I have stayed here on a number of occasions in the past and was not at all disappointed on this occasion.

The hotel is located on the outskirts of the town, fairly close to one of the major skiing areas (Rosshutte) and approximately a 10 minute walk from the centre of Seefeld itself (the walk is a really good way to exercise the leg muscles prior to a day on the slopes !).

Seefeld-in-Tirol is easy to get to if you don't fancy going through an operator - there are excellent connections to Innsbruck and Munich. A regular bus service operates between the airport and the central railway station in Innsbruck and the train journey onwards takes around half an hour. The onward journey from Munich airport is by rail all the way and takes around 3 hours. Public transport in Austria (and Germany for that matter) is CONSIDERABLY cheaper than in the UK !!! It is advisable to check train times before setting out (especially if travelling from Munich) - a fairly straightforward web search should bring up all the necessary information.

The hotel itself is rated as a three star establishment - the rooms I have stayed in would probably reflect this grading but were kept spotlessly clean. I have marked 'Sleep Quality' down, as I did tend to suffer some issues with back pain during my stay which cleared up shortly after getting up in the morning (alleviated by putting the mattress on the floor overnight for better support) but this could just be something to do with me !

The food was excellent - I had no trouble at all clearing the dishes put before me and the staff were really friendly.

In short, I would have no trouble at all recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike_Eng_11
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

We discovered Hotel Marthe in 2008 and made a second visit last month. It is a truly delightful place in a quiet location on the edge of Seefeld. It has the perfect blend of friendliness and efficiency, very good value for money and full of nice surprises. We are so pleased to have found Hotel Marthe and fully intend to make more visits. The quality of the rooms, the food and the service are all of a high standard .... oh, and did we mention the surprises?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MagicandLogic
Ploiesti, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Very kind staff
Very good restaurant and services
Nice indoor pool
Quiet area

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank giani_rindashu
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

We arrived at this hotel and the check in was very easy and friendly. We easily found our room. The rooms were quite small, however I liked how the rooms were very traditional while the bathrooms were large, bright and up to date. The rooms were also well lit. We had three people in our room, and it was a very tight fit with all of our baggage. We had a corner room so it was nice to have three windows with a good breeze and a great view of the mountains. The main window opened up very wide so it was as if we had a balcony. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept great. The breakfast and dinner at the hotel were both fabulous. Some of the best food that I have ever had. The beer was also excellent. The only downside to this hotel I would say, would have to be the fact that it is a bit of a walk from downtown which means that at night there is little to do and it can be a bit boring. Other than that, it was a great stay and a great hotel in a great town.

• Stayed July 2010