“Terrible.”

Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Pushkar
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here during Pushkar Camel Fair 2012
I was very disappointed.
Location was ok - 10-15min walk to town, 20+ to camel fair.
Restaurant was below average. Was told breakfast was at 8am. When I arrived to eat at 8am I was told breakfast wasn't until 9am - because they changed their mind!
Staff were very unhelpful.
Room was ok. Bathroom was gross. Toilet didn't flush - when I told staff they told me just to leave it....or tip a bucket of water in the toilet!
I have stayed in many budget places in India and have no problems with average accomodation but when I pay $60 per night I expect the toilet to work!!!!
This 'resort' has no atmosphere at all.
Wifi didn't work.
Pool was not in working order.
My tip - save your money and stay at one of the happening little cheap places on the main strip...I wish I did!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ELB5555

Reviewed November 26, 2012

A twenty minute walk from town with no taxis or rickshaws nearby, the location isn't great. Two people in our trip went to take showers and they ran out of water. Not hot water, just water. Staff not able to book drivers or transfers. Rooms very basic. Very little English. Breakfast was a couple pieces of toast, that's it. Pool was either empty or filthy during a two-night stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It started off badly when the manager refused to organise a taxi to pick me up from Ajmer citing that it there was a lot of traffic. That didnt seem to bother other hotels/taxi drivers as foreigners on the same train were met easily by taxis from Pushkar
I was reallly looking forward to a relaxing time by the pool in the sun after the hustle of the main cities. This was my most expensive hotel booking and prepaid. I was incredibly surprised and disappointed to be led to the 'deluxe' room I had booked.. miserable, and very basic.by far the worst I have been in over the past 10 days - including Delhi where I paid the same as the cost here. The sheets looked grey and so did the towel when it was eventually brought to the room. None of the outlets for charging phones etc worked in the room, It wasalso on the ground floor and in the least safe part of the building. I expressed my upset and the manager said he MIGHT be able to find me a room upstairs the next day or in the adjacent building Green Haveli but today everything was occupied. The pool was empty and the garden only had 6 chairs, occupied by a group of Korean students who were also fiddling around with sleeping bags. A tour of the hotel made my heart sink further - a tiny 'restuarant' and a general feeling of dilapidation and being uncared for. The public areas were dusty and upstairs on an outside balcony like-area there was a load of empty plastic bottles so it looked like a litter bin without the bin. It was a really pity as the views and site is excellent. I also felt uneasy with the longish unlit road to the main street which I didnt fancy walking down on my own.
So all in all I really need to get out but had booked for 4 nights. I went online and found an alternative and returned to let the manager know. He then informed me I could move to the more upmarket Green Haveli which was definately much nicer if rather sterile (another guest told me later that it is very cold - I expect it is perfect in warmer weather but November nights and mornings are rather chilly in the desert). I was shown a room that I could have but given no explanation as to why I wasnt offered this in the first place. I had already told the manager that I would be checking out next day but he insisted on trying to talk me into staying. I then tried to retrieve my passport and was told the chap who had the key to access it was out but would be back soon. It took me 2 hours of hanging around to get it back despite the promise that he would be summoned. The manager was unable to find him and even tried to force the lock as I was getting quite upset. Absolutely everything was a major hassle. Because I could see that I might not have any chance of a reimbursement from Agoda if I didnt sort it out there and then I asked if he could send a quick email to Agoda to cancel my booking of the next 3 nights and after breaking into floods of tears (I was exhausted from travelling since 6am so they were slightly real but exaggerated!) he agreed to notify Agoda and did so. My one night was terrible - the room being so near the front desk the phone was ringing at 5am and lots of shouting and loud voices at 6am not to mention the sound of voices outside the room during the night.
So..this place is fine if you are a backpacker (though it is not backpacker prices) or a student but for someone looking for midrange accommodation - keep away!

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2012

To call this a 'resort' is not a very good description. This is a hotel and to be honest it needs some attention. In the room we had hardly any lights were working and it was not spotless. The swimming pool at the hotel is nice but could do with some more relaxing chairs. The restaurant is a little scruffy but the young chap in charge of the food tries his best (and doesn't do a bad job). It's a little walk from town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a budget hotel in the sleepy town of Pushkar.. Very small and basic... do not expect a big resort like environ.. it is a quaint small resort.. rooms are small not too spacious.. there were no luggage racks no wardobes to keep your bags..

Rooms did not have any phones.. so needed to go to the reception for every small thing. Room service was ok.. food was overpriced and not at all value for money..

the TV was also not working when we stayed there... It was nice and quiet and the price was low so I guess you get what you pay for

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We traveled trough rajasthan during a very hot time in July. So cooling down and relaxing in this hotel was the best thing that could happen to us. Very friendly staff, great food (even though they hadn't a lot of ingredients, the young cook created very tasty dishes). The room was clean and had air conditioning. The centre of pushkar is only a 10min stroll trough a nice dirt-road away. In other words;the perfect place to stay after visiting the more tumultuous cities like delhi, agra and jaipur.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pool view, so you have an excellent panorama.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stefvano
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We travelled to Ajmer Pushkar on a May Weekend & stayed in this resort. the location, amenities, ambience are all too good. Add to it the clean Swimming pool with clear water & courteous support staff. The rooms are neat, clean & spacious; so are the Toilets. The Restaurant was not functional but we got a lot of options in Pushkar.

I will certainly recommend this Resort to all as a Weekend Holiday spot.

Room Tip: Choose Rooms facing the pool - beautiful scenary at the backdrop
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family