“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

As a foodie I was very much looking forward to seeing how to recreate some traditional Indian food back home. Simply put, we were not disappointed. Situated with the Sarawati music and dance school, it is set back a bit in the local residential maze. Once we were there though we were reassured by a friendly welcome. We were fortunate enough to be the only ones there. Hemant our teacher was very welcoming and kind. There is nothing more comforting and familiar than being in a kitchen, preparing and sharing a meal. We were also able to learn more about the local area and Hemant was kind enough to warn us about the "priests" at the lake scamming unlucky travelers. We made from scratch, Dahl, Paratha, and Channa Marsala, we left unable to eat anymore! Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

One thing we wanted to do while in India was have a cooking lesson and we are so glad that we had it here. Very relaxed, friendly and easy going. My partner joined in with the cooking while I wrote down the recipes and made notes. Deepa and her family are lovely and it was great to enjoy the food that we made with them. We not only learnt about the different spices and how to use them, we also learnt a lot about their family which was very interesting. One of their sons and his English wife also joined us and Jessica told us about the red bottomed monkeys being nasty and within 5 minutes quite a large one tried to enter the area that we were eating, after the food. Well what an experience, he growled and went to pounce and then there was bedlum, people running and hiding and people picking up sticks, rocks and chairs to throw at it. It eventually ran off after Deepa's Dad threw 2 rocks at it. Great fun, we had a lovely afternoon. Highly recommended, give it a go. Thank you to you all.

newcastle upon tyne
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A great Indian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a great evening. Deepa taught my wife and I how to cook 3 dishes and then we sat outside and ate them. Everything was explained step by step while my wife keanly made notes. Deepa's children sat outside doing their schoolwork before being joined by a couple of friends interested in seeing the "Blonde woman and the tattooed man". Even though the electric went off leaving the whole town in darkness we would say this is a night not to be missed. I had the "torch App" on my phone while Deepa and my wife chopped onions and peeled spuds. I was camera man capturing the magic of the moment. Deepa is a good cook and the food was so tasty, but it's more than that. It's about sharing the company of some lovely people. The simplicity of their lives make you very humble. If you want to discover "Indian family life" then this is not to be missed.

Busan, South Korea
198 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Great Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in a class alone which was a great experience. She taught me how to make Dal, Vegetable Rice and Aloo (potato) Paratha which she said were her favorites.
You do have to take your own notes, so bring some paper!
You can buy spices from her/her mom as well.
Watch out for your shoes--a monkey might try to steal them (didn't happen to me, but she said it might)

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A delicious and fun experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Deepa is wonderful! She taught us how to make three dishes in three hours and we couldn't get enough! There is a great family atmosphere that you easily fall in love with. We learned more than just cooking- we got a real taste of the life of a Rajasthani family business (cooking, dancing and music school). Deepa is multi talented and works hard to provide for her family and does an amazing job. We had a really good time and can't wipe the smile off our faces or the happiness off our tummies! The food was sooo go- great way to spend your time (and money). VERY RECOMMENDED!

1 Thank Adioliel