“unfriendly”
Review of Hotel Om

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pushkar
Hotel Om
Ranked #15 of 79 Pushkar B&B and Inns
london
“unfriendly”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed in this place early feb 2012. one evening i was outside my room making a skype call with my ipod (the wi-fi did not work in the room) and after about 2 minutes i set upon by an extremely aggressive and verbally abusive indian fellow. he screamed at me to leave india, that i am a 'bloody westerner' and he is 'sick of western culture'. at one point he even tried to snatch my ipod away from me...

it was very strange behaviour, as for 3 nights previous there were french travellers in the garden talking aound the campfire until midnight. and they were never subject to a complaint from anybody.

the next morning i asked at the reception who the indian fellow was; turns out to be the owners' son!!! what a way to treat a guest!!!

also turns out this 'western hater' has a french wife!!! that explains why french can talk in the evening and the rest cannot.

i know this is not a professional hotel and only a backpackers lodging, but i was appalled with the attitude of the owners' son and was happy to leave shortly after.

pushkar is a sleepy little town that attracts many visitors and therefore has many hotels to offer. i would never stay at this one again and would never recommend it to anyone else.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank darren797

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed here during the camel fair in Novemeber, I had booked another hotel online but when I got there they wanted me to pay rps1100 for a cupboard behind reception. I'd remembered seeing hotel om online so decided to give it a go.
It was a very refreshing experience when other hotels are trebling and quadrupling their rates for the camel fair Om simply doubled theirs and were honest about it. I paid rps 800 per night for a large clean room with huge bathroom. All staff were lovely and helped me to find a repair shop when my camera broke. The restaurant deserves a special mention I'd usually advocate eating outside of your hotel and trying different places however most restaurants in Pushkar dull down their local cuisine to cater to western palates, Om doesn't and their food is deicious (especially the shahi paneer). All in all very impressed and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Jindrichuv Hradec, Czech Republic
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Is possible to recommend this place. I had room with price 700INR, with balcony. Room was ok, can be better floor cover there.Hotel is silent, staff is excelent, and hotel has a very good restaurant in the garden - food is good, and garden is well carried.

Room Tip: The quality of the rooms is depending on their price, you can be ther from 500 to 1000INR. In my opi...