“good resort between the mountains”

Ananta Spa & Resorts
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Pushkar
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The resort is situated six kilometers from Pushkar betwwen the mountains -A beautiful place -very quiet and relaxed.We stayed there for one night and we had the time to relaxe near the swiming pool.the room was large and convenient -a lot of space.
The breakfast was poor -it was very difficult to find something to eat ,most of the food was Indian,so, we had to ask for some slice of cheese.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Anshul-Bhargava, General Manager at Ananta Spa & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you have had a wonderful stay at our resort. Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. Our goal is to provide you with the best services to make your stay comfortable.
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Your feedback is really for us as it helps us to improve our service standards and motivate our staff to bring the best out of them.

We will be honored to have you back at the resort and will love to serve you again.

Anshul Bhargava

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Out of town enough to be quiet and restful, this hotel is elegant and the staff is friendly and helpful. Beautiful stonework and landscaping, abundant breakfast buffet, very calming and peaceful. Really enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BruceMarshallPhilly

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at Ananta for 1 night on 12th Jan,2013. Bitter experiences started the moment I checked-in. It took them almost 1hour to send my luggage from reception to the room. Big attitude problem with the staff who are more bothered about their rules & regulations rather than ensuring customer delight. Manager firstly refused to accomodate my female maid inside the room without thinking about where will she go alone. Only upon my pursuance and agreement to pay extra charges, front desk officer allowed entry and promised separate extra bed for her. At night, when I asked them to lay extra bed as promised, new officer on duty, after consulting his manager, refused to provide it inspite of the commitment made by the day shift front desk officer. Finally, she had to share my kids bed who also slept uncomfortably for the whole night. That too, after paying hell lot of money to them. There is absolutely no coordination between the staff. Water in Swimming pool was very cold & dirty. When I gave this feedback to front desk officer at the time of check-out, she defended by saying that it is under maintenance. If that was true, why there were no maintenance sign boards put up around it and why few guests were still take bath in this dirty pool? After check-in, my sons went with full excitement to the pool but dropped the idea of taking a dip after looking at the condition of the pool. Pathetic condition of all recreational facilities. Cloth of Pool table (which was kept near the swimming pool) was torn from many places. Sticks were in bad shape. Broken Table tennis rackets with no ball, Carrom coins spread all around the floor with no stricker, other playing equipments were also broken or not in working condition. No other activity for recreation. We spent whole time watching TV inside the room. Rooms from inside were very good. After paying so much money, we went there with lot of expectations which got shattered with their attitude & service. I am still repenting on my decesion to stay at Ananta. There could have been better choices there at much reasonable cost.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank smsaxena193

Dear Guest,

I have gone thru your feedback and spoken to the relevant people in the team to ensure that we are able to bring our service standards to the highest level possible.

Our training session have also widened our scope to ensure the staff remains courteous in all cases and present the known hospitality of Ananta Resorts

We will keep reminding ourselves of this issue time and again to ensure that you have a wonderful experience during your next stay, in case of any other issues faced during your stay or to have another memorable experience please write to me direct at gm.pushkar@anantaindia.in, and I will be delighted to take care of you personally.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

1ST and formost never book online for this resort,since even after getting confirmed online booking from theirs website only, staff here dont feel ashamed in saying that they are sold out and they are not responsible for this booking since they have not done the same. I booked two rooms in this resort for 2ND AND 3RD MARCH,2013 and got CONFIRMATION OF THE BOOKING with booking number V1031VLHK107 AND M1031HHON108, but when we reached there, we were told that they have no rooms available and when i talked to senior people there , MANAGER SAYS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS BOOKING, SINCE I HAVE NOT DONE THIS BOOKING......It was really nightmare for us since i was with my complete family and now i had to search for new hotel all over again because of theirs mismanagement......IT WAS QUITE A SCENE THERE SINCE NO ONE WAS READY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY THERE.............I WAS SOOO AMAZED AT THEIR ATTITUDE THAT I NEVER WANTED TO STAY IN SUCH A RESORT AND LEFT..............BUT IF THIS RESORT BOAST ABOUT ITS 5 STAR FACILITIES LOOKING AT ITS RATES, EVEN ONE STAR PROPERTY WILL GIVE U BETTER SERVICE THEN THIS ONLY HYPED RESORT.............U HAVE MANY OTHER GOOD OPTIONS, INFACT WELL PRICED OPTIONS THN THIS RESORT in Pushkar........

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank GAURAV322

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love my stay i stayed in room 123 the best room of the hotel me my wife enjoyed allot this was my third stay first time i stay in october 2012 thru my company second time i stay in mr Kalani wedding this time i stay with my wife, wow what a welcome in traditional way a very sweet girl welcome us with aarti tika, a boy given wet towels, one manager take us to reception one boy serve us drink of mix fruits, staff is very courteous very helpfull, Mr. Abhay is very kind he tells us all about the resort, Monika escort us to room where, Mr, Suresh help us to TV operating, Lovely food in dinner Kedar Serves us on table he is very nice person, we meet with Chef Alkesh to say thanks once again chef thanku very much for such a wonderfull food, & in the last we are very very thankfull to Mr. Bhargava To gives us booking in soldout date (23/02/2013).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank desiboyz717

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Let me start by saying I had already heard very good things from previous travellers , so my expectations were high, Was'nt dissaponted to say the least. Its beautifully set between 2 hills, just before Pushkar city and well maintained. The achitecture reminds one of Bali, the rooms are made in way of cottages , each with one on first floor and one on bottom, with indipendet balcony or sitting area. We (My wife and daughter) were very lucky to get room 201, the closest to the main building and awesome view of the pool. The rooms are spaciaous and have all needed aminities, the bathrooms were beyond expectation with Tub & Seperate shower room. The Food was exceptional, although the room service was slightly slow , the helpings were very good thankfully, as it isnt cheap ! The resturant and bar were also good. The buffet breakfast was the well spread ,and live kitchen with eggs and south Indian food and added bonus. The staff is helpful and cheerful, specially the guys with golf carts , did I forget it was fun to roam around the property on golf carts.
I'm suresly coming back with my family as soon as I can ! But 2 days at most since there really isnt much to do except relax.

Some tips: Go for rooms closer to the main building, order at leat 30-40 minutes in advance for room service. Do not bother going to the games room!
Some minor issues: The hot water in the bathrooms doesnt really go really hot! and you sometimes need to remind room service that you asked for extra something !!

Room Tip: Take rooms closer to the main building!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Pankaj R

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This was the most disappointing stay of our eight day trip throughout Rajasthan. The room was tired. The biggest problem was the lack of hot water. We asked the staff to fix the problem for two days without any luck. We took cool showers or just skipped them. We were far from Pushkar which made it difficult.
There were several large events one of which included drumming until one am in the morning.
The housekeeping staff were very friendly.
For supposedly five star resort it did not live up to this rating. We would not recommend this hotel to any of our friends
Jack

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank Jack H
Anshul-Bhargava, General Manager at Ananta Spa & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013