“Weekend Getaway- Luxury in Pushkar”

Ananta Spa & Resorts
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Pushkar
Reviewed August 19, 2011

It is a new property with loads of oomph in Pushkar. Rooms are large, nice and well done with all the amenities and large change room. Deluxe rooms comes with rain shower also which is a nice thing. Service is slightly lousy and weak and food quality is weak . Prices of food is very expensive much in the grade of 5 star superior and 5 star premium category. Spa is still not operational which they say would be operational by next year which would be great. Manager Anshul Bhargava is great guy and ready to listen to your problems and try to find solution if you have.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are better as they come with rain shower.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Anshul-Bhargava, General Manager at Ananta Spa & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Dear Amit

Thank you for your feedback!!
I am really delighted to know that you have had a great stay. But one thing I was surprised to hear was that the Spa is not operational. the Spa was operational on August 13th and we have been serving all our guest since that time.

We are do looking to place ourselves in the top end bracket of the hotels and are looking to pin the hotel as a good luxury destination. we are also starting a lot of health treatment packages now in the Spa area. I will like you to consider a visit again to our hotel and this time please feel free to call me first so that I can include most of your meals thus you do not have to bother and have a more relaxing time.

Anshul Bhargava

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The resort and its rooms are very well crafted.The rooms are luxurious and very comfortable.Service is also good,food taste was O.k which can be improved,though
it doesnt have much impact on total rating of the hotel...Its more than worth,the
tarriff they charge..An ideal weekend destination and for marriages,get togethers etc..
we booked it for 25th anniversary celeberation for 2 nights...It was awesome experience...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Anshul-Bhargava, General Manager at Ananta Spa & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Namaskar!!

We really thank you for your response giving us a heart to do more and do well for the future.
I am considering some changes in the service design to imporve the same and visible changes will appear in the near week.

I thus request you to come back any time and experience us once again and we will be happy to service you better and quicker this time.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed here at this property for independence day weekend. Very well made and in a brilliant location. Breakfast was amazing ! Pool and rooms were great. Service could have been a bit quicker but was good looking at the fact that the hotel was fully booked during off season times for a long weekend and I can understand that the staff is low at this time

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 9, 2011

At least we guys really did not suffer from bad service. And rooms are undoubtedly good. Well about location, it is superb. Best is "nice cooperative Staff". What more I should add to it, no words.

Room Tip: Ground Floor beauty is to have open bath and upper floor Balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Namaskar!!

We thank you for your reply and are very happy to see that your stay was wonderful.

We look forward to having you again in our hotel.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed in the resort in chilling cold of February 2011, I must say the property is wonderful, though its newly constructed, but the staff is very co operative. About the service, its a bit lazy n dull but if you will start appreciating the property you will not mind the delay.
They offer cottages for stay, which is surrounded by hills and mountains of Aravali, The mornings are awesome and worth spending time there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I went to Ananta in the last week jan 2011 with 2 girlfriends. We were on this 6 day road trip in Rajasthan. Had already covered Haldighati, Mount Abu, Udaipur and Kumbhalgarh and before getting back to Jaipur wanted to just chill at some quite place. We had booked one of the cottages and had asked for an extra bed for our third friend. After finishing kumbhalgarh light and sound show in the evening we drove to Pushkar and checked-in very late in the night, around 11:00p.m. At that hour it seemed like the resort is in the middle of nowhere. Finally we reached Ananta and were really excited, our first impression was that of a thai sort of a building really gorgeous, soothingly lit up.

Check-in was smooth and we loved our cottage on the ground floor. It was very spacious, had a pvt sit out area. The dressing was spacious and the bathroom and open air shower were soooo romantic, i swore to go back with my husband.

The room had all the amenities, Mini-bar, Flat Screen 32inch Television, king-size bed, study desk, hair dryer and decent toiletries. We ordered room service and it took some time but since were showering we did not mind the delay much. Now about the food, The spaghetti was really nice, my grilled fish was nice and I cannot comment about my friend’s burger since I had no capacity to try it, but the portions were huge and we couldn’t finish all of our food.

We had a great sleep and next morning woke up by 9am and went for the breakfast. The breakfast was just OK. No cold cuts, no lavish spread just some eggs of your choice, toasts, some south Indian stuff and paratha, juice, tea/ coffee/ milk. But it was manageable. After breakfast we walked around the property and loved it sooo much that decided to not go for any sightseeing in Pushkar but just laze around at ANANTA.

By 11 we went to the front desk to enquire about the SPA, they clearly told us before booking its still not functional but they can arrange for masseuses from outside. I had just taken a SPA the day before at the shiv niwas Udaipur and was unsure of what kind of masseuses would be called for etc so I dropped it. But my girl friends decided to go for it. So by 12 they had this team of Masseuses from The Kerala Ayurvedic Centre (they looked scary to me) and I had a good laugh at my friends for choosing this. However they were given 2 separate cottages and a 1:30 hrs sessions and when they came out they were very very pleased.

What I liked about this whole episode was that the SPA was not functional and since my friends were really keen on relaxation the staff went out of the way to make the best possible arrangements.

I spend a good 2 hrs reading by the pool and soaking the amazing January sun! The water was cold for swimming. All in all, this place is still coming up, yes there is a bit of construction going here and there but nothing that bothered or disturbed us. The service so far is not TOP NOTCH but they are working on it and trying to do a decent job. From what I hear the SPA should be functional by end of june 2011.

All in all this was a great place for me when I came tired from all the travelling and my 2 days were very tranquil and relaxing. I would say, before booking ask and get clarity so your expectations are right and give them a chance, they are catching up!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank anuroopabanerjee
Anshul-Bhargava, General Manager at Ananta Spa & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Guest,

Namaskar!

We thank you for your review and would be happy to welcome you again to our hotel, this time surely with more of your friends.

We are launcing the Spa at the end of July and are getting some real weill trained professionals to come abode.

We will be happy to welcome you again!

With Regards

Reviewed April 26, 2011

We went as part a group of 50-60 people for a weekend break. The property is new and nice and the value for money factor is there. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, I like the cottage style setup they have where they have 4 rooms per cottage and you can close to people you want to hang out with at the same time enjoy your privacy. The pool area and surrounding gardens also looked nice and there small golf carts to pick and drop you from the rooms to the lobby since it is quite hot to walk down. The food at the restaurant was satisfactory, nothing great but not too bad either.

Service is where the entire experience is let down. The staff seem to be highly under trained and short in number. We had number of issues with the housekeeping and the reception staff who could not answer and follow our simple requirements in time and needed to be reminded again and again for small things like sending water in the room or cleaning the room etc.

Also beware that there is no SPA. When asked at the reception the person told outright there is no spa. There is no comment about development or what else is available. I found this to be particularly strange.

However as part of a group and family we did enjoy the stay overall and above things improve it would be a good place to stay for a couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank vkarnavat

Dear Guest,

Namasakar!!

We thank you for your review and would be happy to welcome you again to the hotel in a new revamped avatar.

We are opening the Spa at the end of July and have also taken a lot of steps to improve service by getting well trained and professionals from various hotel backgrounds in the last few months. They have been continuously trained at our hotel and are getting a lot of positive feedback with us here from guest.

The Spa Mudra will be managed by a Yoga Doctor who is will bring a term of superb professional from various part of the country.

I am delighted to see the future events as they are now and would request you to kindly plan one more trip soon so we can take care of a lot of service issues that you had to face.

With Regards