“A personalised yoga experience”

Pushkar Yoga Garden
More attraction details
Owner description: A Yoga and meditation retreat centre based on the ancient Indian ashram tradition, offering yoga and meditation courses and classes. Very welcome.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I attended the 3 day Yoga course at the beginning of October and being the end of my India trip, it was a really lovely send off. When I first arrived I was a little surprised to know that it was only me staying on the premises and mostly just me for the classes but the family was lovely in opening their home and hearts to me (One of the best Chai's I have ever tasted). First commencing the course I was a little worried when the lecture style side of things kicked in, and it seemed to be a lot of listening content; but I actually gained much more out of it than anticipated. And Yogi is very spiritual so it was lovely to speak to him on that level also. My personalised yoga program is simple but effective and easy to do at home. He helped correct particular positions I was perhaps slightly off on and I loved practicing yoga down a quiet and 'country side' area of India. Thank you, and if I return to Pushkar/ India I would return to your yoga centre. A different and interesting yoga experience.

There are newer reviews for Pushkar Yoga Garden

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We (my gf and I, 30yr old) did the 6-day yoga course which turned out to be profoundly beneficial for our mind and body. After exploring our individual needs, Yogesh put together a set of yoga postures appropriate for our body constitution. Yogesh also provided some convincing theoretical background behind his rational. This set of postures was given to us at the end of the course in order to continue our practice on our own.

The course also included interesting material regarding nutrition, meditation techniques and cleansing processes.

Yogesh is really experienced and knowledgeable, as well as an interesting person to be with. For some people he might appear as a weirdo (abnormal in his own words) but we think that this is an aspect that adds to the whole experience!

Overall, price is a bit steep but it is worth it!
Would definitely recommend it!

Michalis & Zoe, Cyprus

Reviewed December 18, 2012

After a attending a drop in class with Yogesh I decided I would love to try the 3 day course. Me and my partner ( a complete beginner) decided to go together.
It was a truly inspiring and enlightening three days. Yogesh taught us so much about the origins and benifts of 'yog' in a clear and concise manner, which has really helped me to understand and improve my practice.
Yogesh will tailor each class according to your ability, and will write you a programme to take with you so you can continue to practice what you've learnt. This course has had a very positive impact on my life and I would highly recommend it to everybody. I am looking forward to returning for the 6 day course! Thankyou Yogesh!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I decided to go to one of the morning drop-in classes and we couldn't be happier. We ended up being the only one there and received a private class from Yogesh.

The location is beautiful and just a short walk from town and the class was very enjoyable. Yogesh is a great teacher. We would recommend Pushkar Yoga Garden to anyone making a stop in Pushkar!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This place is off the beaten path, a good 15-20 min walk down small lanes away from the town centre. In some ways that is good because it is at a distance from the noise and crowds. When I arrived I learned I was the only person to come for the afternoon class. While chatting to the instructor while waiting to see if anyone else would turn up, he told me that he " didn't like people" which is not a good start or a good way to make someone feelwelcomed and comfortable. No one else showed up and I got the feeling that this was an annoyance. The class cost was 350 rps, about $7, only $2 cheaper than my yoga class at home. When I mentioned this he said that I was lucky because normally for a private lesson he would charge thousands, a bit overpriced for a drop in clasa in India. The class itself was pretty average, we did about 10 min of warm ups and then about 1 hour of asanas. There was no pranayama, meditation, flow, or encouragement to relax, it was mainly focused on the physical aspects alone. The instruction of the asanas was ok, but not much description or cueing, the instruction was mostly like this "ok now do trikanasana, you know this one? Ok do it" Sometimes he left the room while I did them. The class ended with a 10 minute savasana. The space was a thatch covered open room. Wear mosquito repellant or get devoured. The floor is cement but he provides a bamboo mat for cushion. If you have your own bring it for added comfort. I was cued out of savasana and the class ended with a frank "ok class is finished" and before I had even sat up he was on his mobile phone talking. He took my money and barely smiled let alone thanked.me for coming. I felt like a complete nuisance. In all, it was not the worst class I have ever attended. I guess to me a good yoga teacher not onlyknows their stuff and knows how to teach it, but also makes their students comfortable and encourages relaxation.

3  Thank shantiom1
PushkarYoga, Owner at Pushkar Yoga Garden, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear student,
Sorry for your poor yoga experience here.But there is not much truth in your entirely negative review. You have made things up just because you were unhappy about the class fee and made a fuss about it. That particulur day you were the only student by chance, and my family had gone to attend amarriage. You asked why I did not go as well, on that I said I do not like too many people around so I did not go.
This is the busiest time in Pushkar due to camel fair and people's priority is not coming to a yoga class. So you were the only student that day somehow. After you made a fuss about the price, I just said that it is one to one session now and you may have to pay thousands of rupees if you were in USA. I took money for only a drop in class ! I did give you a choice for not doing it if you thought the class was overpriced prior to joining in.

About the class structure and contents, this is what I thought was the best to teach in that particulur class. You could have asked to add on other practices, as you were the only one, and I would be happy to do that. We do pranayamas, meditation etc in other sessions, and not in Hatha Yoga classes.

So this was my side of the story. I am always willing to take the criticism positively if it is done in good spirit, and not otherwise.

Thanks.