“A Hidden Gem In Pushkar”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Kanhaia Haveli
Ranked #2 of 79 Pushkar B&B and Inns
Middletown, Ohio
“A Hidden Gem In Pushkar”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I arrived in Pushkar during the 2010 Pushkar Camel Fair with absolutely no idea where I was going to stay and was pleasantly surprised by the Kanhaia Haveli. The owner, Satish, and his family go above and beyond to ensure your comfort and attend to your every need. Unlike one other reviewer, I did not find the family pushy in the least. In fact, I found that there was a graciousness that was extended in a reserved and elegant manner that was reminiscent of many of the four and five star resorts I have stayed in throughout the world.
This trip I stayed in the budget accommodation and found it to be a great bargain and extraordinarily clean. Even during the busiest time of the year for the town, the Pushkar Mela, I had hot water at my convenience 24 hours a day and a shower! This is a luxury in budget accomedation! The super deluxe rooms are also nice as I had the occassion to view them, but due to the busy fair time they were booked up.
The location is central to both the Pushkar lake and to the Mela. Two streets away is the hub of the bazaar and the main road in and out of Pushkar is but a block away. Even in the midst of this there is a quiet peace to be found in this hotel. One way to experience this is to sample the food in the Cafe upstairs. The menu is extensive with selections that include continental and indian food as well as chinese and israeli. All in all, I would recommend this hotel as a must stay place in Pushkar. I am a solo female traveler and I was made to feel welcome and safe, which is quite a feat in northern India

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pushkar, India
Reviewed November 16, 2010

We booked a room on the phone,the manger promised us a quiet room with window outside 2nd floor for 5 nights.When we arrived he just had a very small and smelly room downstairs available,very noisy and no window.He promised we could move to a better room the next day.but than,somehow it wasn't not possible.again he promised a room for the day after.again,not possible to change the room.We didn't enjoy our stay at all,and left.Never again!!

6 Thank Martti_10
SatishHeda, Owner at Hotel Kanhaia Haveli, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
I am very sorry that I was not able to change your room for you. The Camel Festival is our busiest time of the year and it is always very hectic for us. Please accept our heartfelt apology and enjoy your stay in India.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Arranged a pick up with hotel owner from Ajmer which was very useful for us.

Stayed in a 900Rp room on the first floo, which had big double bed with attached bathroom.
Postives - Nice family feel and friendly owner, clean room,

Negatives - Restaurant could be improved, we were served with very dirty dihes and below average food so we ate out every time. Also no hot water at all during stay, even when it was sunny - unsure if the solar panel heating is working correctly.

Due to the layout of the haveli - you can hear every detail of every conversation. A large group were leaving so on one morning from around 6am till 10am there was very loud shouting and conversations, totally with no respect for people staying there who were asleep from staff included.

Overall a good stay - but i feel i could have gotten better value for my money.

2 Thank JaneyEmmerson
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This hotel has an overeager owner who is trying to make a good name for himself by providing a nice, clean place to stay. The rooms vary in size and are cheap. There is a nice rooftop lounge area with potted plants, food, and various seating areas. Overall good place to stay.

Mercury, France
Reviewed November 8, 2010

the welcome is very good and the family is very kind and smiling
you can eat at the restaurant on the roof , large room and the decoration is pleasant

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Pushkar
Reviewed November 4, 2010

This hotel is so far the best I visited on my way in India. A very hospitable manager. Nice food at the roof restaurant. So is the the view from the room. Big room, nicely furnished. Reasonable price. I truly recommend it!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2010

just look nice from out side really they are not nice peoples money money money. try not get confused. they are start chasing from train station. its very noisy no possible to sleep after .4 o'clock in the morning . nothing help. so we moved another hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank jonson12
I am extremely sorry that you didn't feel that we were helpful. We try to the best of our ability to make our guests as comfortable and happy as we can. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your sty in India.