We were on a tour of Madhya Pradesh and I chose this place following previous trip advisor comments and it totally lived up to expectations. We stayed 2 nights.
The welcome was excellent - my wife had been bitten by a dog elsewhere and they organised the vaccine and the doctor immediately.
The room was superb with a fantasic view out the back to the river - where we sat each night to watch the sun going down - after which they built a bonfire for us to sit around before a great meal in their restaurant.
It's a beautiful place and well maintained - Orchha is about 1.5kms down the road - but this is a highly recommended peaceful haven.
Orchha too is a nice place to spend a couple of days.
Stongly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bundelkhand Riverside is built on 50 acres of land on the banks of the River Betwa in Orchha and the old house, which still exists, was used as a hunting lodge cum guest house. The present retreat is an addition to the old construction that dates back to 1895. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bundelkhand Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bundelkhand Riverside Orchha
- Bundelkhand Riverside Hotel Orchha