“Value for money”
Review of Monarch Rama

Monarch Rama
Ranked #4 of 21 Orchha B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is well situated and is one km walk to the fort and the temples.
Though it is a budget hotel its clean and very cheap. Value for money I would say. Staff is helpful and guided us about Orchha. Hot running water is available. Bedsheets bed covers are clean.

Cons: They don't have a restaurant, so no food. You have to rely on local shops in the market.

Room Tip: We stayed at the ground floor rooms. Room and bathroom is clean.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank iskode

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We came with Taxi from Khajuraho an we hade made a reservation for two nights at The Orchha Resort. The taxi driver just stopped in front of the hotel and asked if we didn't want to stay here instead. Just look at the room. 17 euros insted of 32 euros was a temptation. As i hade made de reservation at the other hotel we had to stay one night there. But after that we stayed 2 nights at Hotel Monarch Rama. The room was clean and we had warm water , TV and AC. I had to ask for a sheet for the blanket because the bed hade only a blanket. When they came withe the sheet it was not clean but we got another. The tap at the sink was a little bit broken so it was a little bit problematic. The conection at Internet that they promised us was not working. We had to go to a InternetCafe. But the staff was very serviceminded and kind.The Hotel is very good situated.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Birgitta S
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good clean hotel with nice staff. Amenities are fine.It is spacious, has Digital TV, carpet flooring.Running hot water available from shower. Stayed there for two nights. Orchha fort and temples are very close.Staffs guided us with maps and information for better touring in Orchha.

Room Tip: A new roof top restaurant is coming up.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am on a bicycle trek across India so I have stayed at fancy hotels amd less so for over a month. I arrived in Orchha very tired and it began to rain. The first hotel on the main road after the second city gate is the Hotel Monarch Rama. The manager shouted to me from the entrance. I asked how much. He replied US $8 and that made me suspicious. You get what you pay for. But he said look at the room first. So I did. Clean. Hot water and I didn't have to wait thirty minutes for it. I saw a mosquito fly into the room. The manager killed it. Cable TV with premium English language stations. All for $8. I have paid a lot more for less in India. The cons: No backup generator when power goes out. And no WI-Fi but the manager informed me the government will approve the Wi-Fi permit this month. Yes! In India you need government permission to get Wi-Fi! I liked it so much I spent an extra day in Orchha. I had a basic room but they have fancier for more $$$. Five minute walk to Jahangir Palace, Main Market, and Rama Mandir. Manager gave me special directions for a road not on maps to save me ten miles bicycling to my next destination in Lalitpur!

Room Tip: I heard some other guests saying that they had premium rooms they were pleased with: 106 and 107. I...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JamesNYC212
Reviewed December 3, 2012

my boy friend and I stayed there for 3 nights, it is very close to the main street, clean, hot water, good service and reasonable price, also there is a computer with internet in the entrance hall. we got a nice clean room for 400 rps.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed in a single room for two nights. Very spacious room, 24hours hot shower, TV and the Internet access from a computer in the lobby provided. If you did your laundry you can hang your cloths on the rooftop as well. The price was also reasonable compared with other hostels in the area.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at Monarch Rama Guest House in Nov 2012 for one night. This GH located just 2-3 min walk from the main street. There were many guest houses are nearby but we chose this because we thought this GH was worth staying. After negotiating with the manager, we got a nice clean room for 400rps. The room had TV, 24 hurs hot shower and big enough for 2 persons.
I have been traveling for a long time in India but I couldn't find the room with TV and it only cost 400rps. I think it was quite reasonable.
The staffs of this GH gave us good guidance what to do, where to eat etc... and also they were very friendly.
As I mentioned above, there are many guest houses are in Orchha, but you may start from this guest house!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends