“Paradise in Hampi!”
Review of Goan Corner

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hampi
Goan Corner
Ranked #2 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Hampi
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Arrived here a little skeptical because of the review titled "horrible owners". However, as soon as we arrived at this guest house in a secluded location about five minutes walk from the main strip of accomodation and restaurants, we were immediately set at ease. The owners and staff are absolutely lovely and welcoming, remembering our names (along with all other guests) within minutes.

The rooms are clean, spacious, each with a mozzie net, attached bathroom, hammock and rice padi views. The food and eating area is excellent.

A great value place - highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MissMelb12

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We went as a group of 16 people for a weekend getaway! I found this place in google maps and then read some great reviews by some bloggers. The place is located across the river from the main Hampi town.Once you cross the river its about a 10min walk through the paddy fields.They have spacious, spacious cottages with comfortable beds and attached washrooms. Every room has a hammock outside facing the beautiful paddy fields and towering boulders all around. A Paradise for dog lovers, as the owners have about 5 dogs.

The owners are a small family. Very cooperative and friendly, and gave us good advice on sight-seeing Hampi. Additionally also got us wood and other things to make a bonfire in evening. Food was delicious and the kitchen was open till midnight.

All in all very cost effective and I would advise anyone going to Hampi to go to the Goan Corner.

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing the entrance of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bournville27
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here for 12 days, when we only planned on 4. After some pretty hectic traveling we really appreciated the quiet, chilled atmosphere of the is place. Our room had a beautiful view of the rice paddies and boulders (Huts at the back). The price was great 350Rs for a double with bathroom. There is a restaurant there as well which has good food for not to high a price. The fact that i climb meant this place was perfect for me, there are always other climbers there and you can almost roll out of bed onto the boulders!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank oo0TommyK0oo
Reviewed April 22, 2012

A referral I am grateful for. The management is fabulous, they love their job and mingling with their guests. Located across the river and in the far corner it is a perfect hub for climbers. The only sounds are those of the geeckos, monkeys and birds. It is easy to stay on the premise and never leave, it is all self contained. I found such peace just hanging out in my personal hammock staring out at the rice paddies and hanging with my neighbors. The restaurant has an extensive menu, all delicious. Free wifi available in the restaurant. I will definitely return and refer all my friends.

Room Tip: They are all great mud bungalows, usually two or three adjoined. They also have mattresses and mosqu...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank SHY1202
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I recently spent 6 nights at Goan Corner. I hadn't planned on staying that long but it was hard to leave.

When you cross the river the 'town' and most of the accommodation options are located to the left but G.C is to the right surrounded by rice paddies, with the omnipresent boulders as a backdrop.

Our 450R room had a private bathroom, hammock outside and a great view of said paddies and boulders. It could have been cleaner but was acceptable. The shower leaked constantly the whole 6 days, we told the staff and they said they would deal with it but never did.

There's a great restaurant serving all manner of food from Indian to Pizza to Full English Breakfast. Waiting staff were friendly though sometimes not very attentive. That is with the exception of Israel who was amazing and must be singled out for special praise.

It's geared towards climbers and rents out shoes and crash mats. There's a knotted rope to climb in the restaurant/chill area. But you don't have to be a climber.

There's an internet café on site but it had very irregular hours and was often closed. But don't fret as there's another 40 metres down the road.

They can book the usual train/bus tickets etc for a fee. One word of warning. I booked a ticket then cancelled it (getting a refund but losing a percentage.) I then booked another ticket. When I came to leave there were 2 tickets on my bill even though they'd told me they'd removed the first one. So check your bill carefully.

Another warning. I asked the staff about renting a scooter. One was provided for me. I later tried to ask something about the arrangement and the owner seemed annoyed and was very insistent that it was nothing to do with G.C even though I had seemingly rented it from them. Later the people I had actually rented it from tried to overcharge me. I paid what I owed and walked away.

But despite these minor annoyances I would recommend staying here for the location and peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2012

A definite pit stop for travellers at Hampi.
Is located at one edge of the town opposite to Hampi, across the river.

Comfortable stay, very delicious food and drinks, enormous menu list. The chicken lasagne and tandoori chicken was just delicious.

A definite stay, away from the city.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ankitparul
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The perfect location near Hampi, the quiet, you can hear the frogs, the birds singing instead of the indian horns, Thakur and Sharmilla are very nice owner of this little home away from home!
Between rice fields and boulders (if you're climbing it's definetely the place to stay), away from the village of Virappur Gaddi on the other side of Hampi, we stayed 10 days there, the food is very good, everyone is nice, so why are you still waiting here? Go to the Goan Corner!!! But don't tell the guide books please, it has to stay the place you've heard from a friend who heard from a friend... :)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laure V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hampi
Shivavilas Palace, HAMPI (An ITC WelcomHeritage Hotel)
Kishkinda Heritage Resort
#7 of 44 in Hampi
Gowri Resort
Gowri Resort
#3 of 44 in Hampi

Been to Goan Corner? Share your experiences!