Vicky's Guesthouse
Clarks Inn Hampi(Hampi)(Great Value!)
$32
$53
$41
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice rooftophampi bazaarhot waterrooms are smallattached bathroompleasant stayother placesthe rivergiriwifirickshawfanbucketlaundry
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at Vicky's for 4 or 5 nights. Room was ok, bathroom almost ok. Mosquito net was so dirty we replaced it with the one we had with us. Nice rooftop place. Vicky had been very kind with us until he discovered we booked our journey onward via another travel agency that found us train tickets, when he had only offered us buses, that we wanted to avoid. He was so visibly offended the last two days., a bit unprofessional.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DreySweden
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Vicky's was not my first choice but the preffered places were booked out I ended up at Vickys. The family who run the place are nice enough and the room are pretty standard for budget India. The bed was pretty hard and not very comfortable.
If you were going to stay there avoid the room off the families lounge room as the walls are very thin and don't go all the way up to the roof (I think was was room10) it's on the ground floor. Also I wound't book any travel (bus/trains) through them as the commission they charged was expensive compared to other places and they sold me a bus ticket that stopped 1.5 hours away from where I was told the bus stopped.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kymmy_A
Reviewed May 28, 2012

For me it's the best budget place in Hampi. I like this place very much because on one hand it's like a family stay, on the other you have all the hotel ammenities (internet, phone at the reception and a restaurant on the rooftop). The hotel is charming with it's bright paintings, and has an almost perfect location. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Vicky - the owner is a very kind person, extremelly helpfull and can arrange everything from rikshaws to bus and train tickets. I recommend the place to all of you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Our room was on the ground floor just off the family's quarters so noisy first thing in the morning. Clean enough but bathroom needs a mosquito screen. Staff were helpful in booking bus and train tickets although the commission they charge is a little expensive. Loved the rooftop restaurant and yummy authentic Indian food. No wifi but internet on computers downstairs for a fee. Located near Hampi Bazaar. Great "German" bakery a few doors away for a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I and my friend stayed at this hotel for 2 days in Mar. 2012. This hotel's location is very good, and they have budget rooms.
In Mar. the summer season has already started but they don't have A/C room.However, we couldn't find any difficulty with Non A/C condition. If you go there in summer season like me, there must be a lot of mosquito but they put mosquito net, so it will be ok.

I also recommend the roof top restaurant of this hotel. The cook was very friendly and he cooked nice lasagna. You must try it.

Basically I recommend you to stay at this hotel when you are in Hampi, but please note that the bathroom of your room might have some problems. Actually at our bathroom, there was a open window and there were some possibility that we were seen from outside when we took a shower. So before deciding your room, it is better to check the bathroom.

Room Tip: Check the bathroom window. There might have some possibility which you are seen from outside when you take a shower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends