“Snow Crest Inn, Dharamsala”

Hotel Snow Crest Inn Private Limited
Ranked #57 of 78 Hotels in Dharamsala
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was a nice place to stay. General impression is positive. Here I´m giving some advantages and disadvantages of the place one shall consider when going:

Advantages:
- hot water
-clean (!) place
- really nice rooms
- very dutiful staff
- gorgeous view
- reasonable prices
- internet availability
- compassionate and responsive manager, who is able to solve any of your problems
-cosy and comfortable
- 5 mins walk from Dal Lake

Disadvantages
- rather distanced from main places of interest (you'd have to take a taxi or a riksha to get to the downtown)

To sum up I enjoyed staying at this place. Although I stayed only a couple of days, but I managed to see breath-taking views thanks to this hotel's location. I was really impressed by the views opened to my vision from the hotel and on the way down to Dal Lake. Inspiring Nature!
I can't say anything about food because I never ate in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
18  Thank Vera S
Mansi021195, Manager at Hotel Snow Crest Inn Private Limited, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Dear Vera,
Namaste!
Best wishes from the Snow Crest.Thanks a lot for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoyed the mesmrasing view from hotel. Reviews like yours boost our morale no end. Thanks once again.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Snow Crest Inn Private Limited

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The staff was helpful, indeed! Unprofessional, but great people! Magnificent view, quiet location. Internet facility / Wi-Fi. Small but flat TV with lots of channels.
But besides all of that the rooms was really filthy! Although, they kindly changed our bedsheets every second day, the floor was never mopped, the dust was pilling there for months. The condition of towels and bedsheets was terrible, ripped and faded. The laundry facility was a local woman that washed our clothes in a house next door, so the next morning we saw it from our hotel balcony, hanging out for the whole village to see.

• Stayed: September 2012
8  Thank Joakimfam
Mansi021195, Manager at Hotel Snow Crest Inn Private Limited, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear Joakimfam,
Namaste!
Thanks a lot for your kind review. We are grateful for declaring our staff & location good & certifying our hotel "Good enough for its price". Hopeful that your next stay at our hotel will provide you better satisfaction levels.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I spend two nights at this Hotel and kind of enjoyed it. The Staff ist very friendly, but the prieces are much overpriced. I had a special price offer, and still felt like paying to much. Also the laundry cost me 360rupies which is a lot of money for india.... I is 6 km away from the attractions of McLeod Ganj. So either you walk 1hour and a half (downhill) or you allways have to take a rikshaw/ taxi there..... I spend my first night in a different room than my second. The first night room was not so good and the walls were very mouldy. The second night room was much better and had a great view vrom the balcony. As i had the oppurtunity i also checked out other rooms. As a fact, the room displayed as a deluxe room only exist once, all the other rooms have worse facilities but are the same price..... The breakfast once was quite good, the other day only average, but at least it was free. The next time I'm going to visit this area, I'd like to stay not so outside of the city center

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
10  Thank AnnaAndWa

Dear AnnaAndWa,
Namaste!
Thank you for the feedback. Happy to see you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please visit again and enjoy our improved services. Thanking you and assuring you of our best services & attention at all times.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Location of the hotel is good, it is very quiet but all rooms have . Beautiful Himalayan Views
We decided to stay at Snow Crest Inn inspite of not having heard any first hand information about it. I must say that our stay was completely worth it. The location is perfect overlooking the great mountain of Triund. We loved the snow crest inn staff is very good The location is perfect overlooking the great mountain of Triund. We loved the...

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank 6,051,234,567

Dear Guest,
Namaste!
Thank you so much for your kind review. Also, thanks for giving us such a great rating. We are always, eager to welcome and host you.
Please visit again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place well exceeded the value for its price! They are very accommodating and friendly. In fact they even allowed us to use their computer at the front desk for as long as we wanted! (Computer access at the main market costs about 30 rupees for an hour) they also have good wifi! My friend and do don't speak Hindi or Tibetan at all, but that wasn't a problem. The view is great as well! We can see, what I believe to be, the Himalayas. On the opposite end, the clouds roll up from the valley giving you an amazing view throughout the day and especially at night. Unfortunately my friend and I came during the monsoon season, so we cant see the stars, but I can only imagine how beautiful the night sky would be. It has all the beauty and peace of a remote village without losing the accessibility and convenience of a town. The walk to town is very relaxing and doesn't take long at all. And if you don't feel like walking, a rickshaw is always available. All in all, its a great place where one can relax and enjoy upper Dharamsala to its fullest.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
19  Thank elgaekwah

Dear Elgaekwah,
Namaste!
Best wishes from the Snow Crest! I am overwhelmed by your wonderful review.Thank you so much! Your exhilaration is our ample reward at the Snow Crest.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

-very quiet place with nice view when not foggy (I went during monsoon)
-big and clean rooms with large bathroom
-good and assorted food with room service
-away from McLeod Ganj's crowd but not too out of hand, with a taxi it's really quick to get to Dharamshala
-very friendly and helpful staff. Even though the staff is not really at ease with english and my hindi is truly poor, there's nevere been any problem

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
19  Thank Matteo_Urbinati

Dear Mr Matteo,
Namaste!
We appreciate your generous feedback and consistently try our best to improve our services, to keep our guest happy and satisfied.
HOPE TO HOST YOU SOON AGAIN.
Thank you.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during our family trip to Naddi during the last fortnight of June 2012. The hotel has an awesome view of snow clad mountains and the hotel staff are extremely warm and go out of their way to help out their guests. The hotel owner deserves a special mention as he takes really good care of the hotel to ensure that the guests have a wonderful experience. I would surely prefer going back and staying here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
19  Thank RoyRajeev

Dear Rajeev,
Namaste!
Thank you so much for your excellent review. So happy to know you had a wonderful stay with us.It was a pleasure to host you! and sincerely hope we are able to welcome you back again to the hotel.