“lovely himalayan holiday..”

Club Mahindra Dharamshala
Ranked #58 of 79 Hotels in Dharamsala
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A small resort but the view of the dauladhars from the room and the gardens was the highlight. We were traveling with our extended family including grandparents and 2 kids. The kids loved the gardens, the play area and the ducks and rabbits. My father in law practiced his morning yoga in the garden facing the dauladhars. It was very inspirational for him. Make sure you get the dauladhar view (not the petrol station view), as this will make all the difference to your holiday - we followed up with the hotel staff for several months to make sure we would get good rooms and we did. Thanks to Maya Bisht! Food was good initially (great rava upma, dosa, idlis, bread pakoras, vermicelli upma, omlettes) but the quality dropped a bit and the menu got repetitive as the days went by. All the staff (including Kusum at the reception) was very kind and friendly and loved chatting with my 2 year old . Very nicely located if you want to see a few sights - Mcloedganj, Norbulingka, Baijnath temple, Gyato Tantrik monastery, Chinmaya Mission, Chamunda temple etc. For those want to shop, your best bet would be the Tibetan market in Mcloedganj. Highly recommend eating at the atmospheric Namgyal Cafe with the monastery precincts.

Room Tip: Get the Dauladhar view at the back of the hotel, not the petrol station view in the front
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ChitraSaligram
There are newer reviews for Club Mahindra Dharamshala

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Dharamsala is a lovely place. What makes it more special is Club mahindra kangra valley. The hotel is just amazing. The views from the hotel are spectacular.
The whole place is just beautiful.
We were travelling with our family. i had read about this hotel . i liked it so i went ahead and booked it . When we reached there we really liked the whole place.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels across the world but this has been our most memorable stay. I would further say that the hospitality indeed is the best in the world. Recommend that everyone should experience this once in their lifetime.only issue is someone in Management should be from same area KANGRA........

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank deepa_dixit1988
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was family road trip and we stayed a week at the resort. This is one of the smallest resorts of Club Mahindra. The rooms were smaller than usual and so were the facilities. BUT, all that was made up by the excellent service and hospitality of the staff. Will recommend.

Room Tip: Rom on the 4th floor are the best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed with my family [three adults, two kids (6 and 1 year young)] from June 20, 2012 and checked out on June 23rd early morning (for my onward journey to Amritsar). The resort is small and nice. But nothing great about it. I have stayed in Club Mahindra resorts in Munnar and Thekkady and both of those were better than this, both in service and cleanliness.
This resort is almost 5 kms out of Dharamshala and it was pretty hot there in June 2012, probably weather this year is serving cruelty. I booked two 1BRs and we did not get the rooms on the same floor (start of the service), this was when I booked a couple of months in advance. We asked the rooms to be cleaned one day and when we returned in the evening the room was not clean (another service bloop), I had to tell this to the person at the reception and he assured that it would be cleaned that day.
I was traveling with an year old baby and needed to boil (to sterilize) the feeding bottles. These guys did not boil the bottles, just washed with hot water and returned those to us (this was unpardonable). On one of the occasions a bottle was not even cleaned properly, it had milk residue in it when they returned that to me. I complained about bottle not being sterilized to the room service to which he said this is the best he can do as to get the bottles sterilized by boiling he will have to go to kitchen which is not allowed. I raised the same to reception clerk and he got the bottles cleaned (hopefully sterilized too). I am not sure why he did not tell this upfront to us when we asked this for the first time.
The rooms do not have a kitchenette nor even a microwave oven which was inconvenience to me (service gap) as I had a baby with me for which we needed to prepare the formula milk.
And, last but not the least they do not have a dormitory for drivers. They have an arrangement with someone outside of resort where he charges Rs. 50 from drivers to use the bathroom (once in the morning) and per night stay charges are Rs. 200.
This place is OK to stay but you should not expect great service here... With an option I would avoid this place, as when you are traveling with family you expect good care and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Rooms on the hillside have a nice view of the hills
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank daddupandey
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The property is surrounded by majestic Dhauladhar mountain ranges, just a walk in the nearby locations is so refreshing. Nice rooms and extremely friendly staff... they called upfront to check my expected arrival time and if I had the directions to the resort, they helped me plan my travel even though I had my own full time taxi, on my onward journey, they called Club Mahindra Manali and informed that I'll be arriving... very professional yet humble and jovial. Knowing that we are a family with 2 kids, they reserved one of the larger unit for us. Good food and good outdoor space to have nice relaxing evenings.. while experiencing the pristine environment around. Great location as the attractions are evenly spread in east, north and south directions from here.

Overall the property is not as large as other Club Mahindra resorts and so they lack of other activities... also i would have liked if there was a dormitory for the drivers for over night stay.

Room Tip: If you are a frequent Club Mahindra visitor, know that this is a leased property, smaller in size...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank gauravmaheshwari
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

As this was a Club Mahindra resort, I was very much looking forward to it. I was a bit disappointed. The location was okay, a little hard to find. The views were nice. The rooms were lovely. The amenities were missing. It was bothersome to call housekeeping for everything. The staff was diplomatically polite but they could try to be a bit friendly. The in door activities were ok. Outdoor required more people than we were sadly. The breakfast was satisfactory. But the attitude of the staff made it a bit awkward. An okay place. If you never come here and instead choose some other Club Mahindra resort, you may have a better time.

• Stayed: June 2012