“Sickening”

Hotel Anand Palace
Ranked #56 of 77 Hotels in Dharamsala
“Sickening”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This place is by far the worst hotel anywhere. Everything including the room, washrooms and bed sheets, stink. I stayed 1 night with my family and fell sick. Never ever stay in this hotel. The staff is very unfriendly and unprofessional. There was another family whose room appeared still worse because they checked out without paying.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Rajesh S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bombay
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Please be warned that this place is damned! It was by far my worst experience ever. The rooms stink, the bed covers are not changed and one has to call house-keeping, at least 3 times to avail fresh towels!

The food is terrible and their service pathetic!

I spent 2 nights here 1-2nd June 2013, and this Hotel did their very best to make me regret my stay!

I was headed to Dalhousie from here, and needed to check out at 7am, when we came to the restaurant for breakfast, the staff had the cheek to tell me and my kids that he was too busy delivering tea to the other rooms and couldn't serve us breakfast! We waited till 8am, and finally left without eating anything!

When I went to settle the bill, the receptionist claimed he didn't have change to refund Rs. 84/-. I asked him to forgo the sixteen rupees off my extras bill of Rs. 1916/-, since he didn't have the change, but guess what? He said he didn't have a hundred rupee note either!

I arrived with hope to the holy place of the respected Dalai Lama...but thanks to this place, I left with pure disgust.

Anand Palace may be richer by Rs. 84/-...but for me, it has lost the goodwill of a life-time!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Harry074

Travelers are raving about these Dharamsala hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Rooms and bathrooms on the 3rd floor are horrible.Strictly okay hotel.Food was good.Service is okay.Badly needs maintainance and needs to be renovated.The bookings were full still I don't know why it is not maintained.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 13, 2013

one of the worst Hotel i have experienced during my stay over here. No proper food and rooms. The room services were too poor. Be aware never to choose this Hotel at any circumstances during your visit to Daramshala.

• Stayed May 2013
8 Thank Vjlovesu
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Spent 2 nights here on May1st and 2nd along with my family. We were housed in 2 standard rooms. The rooms were very basic and small . The service at the hotel was just excellent. The staff are all so friendly and always ready to help. The food at the restaurant was nice and tasty too. The hotel is located in Bagshu, which is about 2.5 kms away from Mc Leod Gang. The Bhagsu temple and waterfalls are at walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank shibinbalan
delhi
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is one of the worst hotel I have stayed in my life. I went to dharamshala in march 2013. I got my hotel booked my Mr.Raman from Delhi . As he told this is the best and only 3 * hotel in bhagsunag. Even though Makemytrip,travelguru as well as yatra online were offering the lowest price but i got my hotel booked by Mr.Raman as he said he is the sales manager for this hotel. As I am also delhi , got this hotel booked.

On arrival the way the hotel looked from outside was beyond expectation. The reception is on the second floor. we have to climb 20 stairs in order to reach to the reception. When we went in the room we were totally shocked, The bed sheets along with the towel were very dirty. The furniture were totally old and same was with mattress, The table tv was broken. The shower was not working. Even though the hotel does not have generator as well as lift. We were having only 02 luggage, 04 boys came to pick our luggage. Onion smell was comming from staff mouth. Staff was not having proper uniform , and it was totally dirty. The food they served was not good at all. When we said all this to reception , they were laughing and said us that they will change our room. when we went to see the rooms all were in the same condition. As it seems that they have not done the renovation since the hotel is made.

As they have board marker which says this is the BEST WESTERN HOTEL. which is absolutely 100% false. The staff is only interested in making money. We never saw any hospitality in this hotel.

There are may good newly built hotel nearby in lower price.The staff always make noise in the evening. When we told them to refund our second day amount as we stayed only for 01 night. Then the Manager told us that they will not refund the amount whether we stay or not. Rathter than feeling sorry he started making argument with us and said that you better talk with Raman as this booking is made my Raman.

In another word he Said that " Agar apne booking direct hotel se karaya hota to hum refund kar dete " but you have done booking from Raman he will only refund our amount.

At last we shifted to Hotel Spring valley cottage and stayed their for second night.

This is what made our honey moon unhappy at Hotel Anand Palace. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank rajesh r
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have been booking this hotel via a travel agent, who new nothing about the place, so this was a pure luck. After arriving we understood how lucky we are (spending time already in three other places ;-)) This old hotel is part of Best Western, so you can expect the familiar feeling like elsewhere, even if the look is obviously different. Looking at the doors, beds this hotel have been built as one of the first one in Upper Dharamsala, with quality in mind. The rooms are spacey, even in European terms and clean and they have real hot water !! The kitchen is good. Internet is at modem speed ;-)) The staff is helpful. Heating is a challenge (ie: no heating ;-)) Overall, the comfort is good the place is nice value for money. Painting, new reception and faster internet would help a lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family