“Quite place!”

Tushita Meditation Centre
Ranked #17 of 57 things to do in Dharamsala
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Ask for The teachings are great, AND is very quite AND nice! After all India This place is a paradise!

3  Thank CasaZarela

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I took the 10 day intro to Buddhism course in February 2012. I had studied a little bit about Buddhism prior, but this experience confirmed my faith in the Buddha's teachings. I met so many amazing people and some of us actually went on to travel together. The vegetarian food was excellent. The room was simple and clean. It does take discipline to maintain silence.I have been studying online through the fpmt since being home and plan to return soon.

8  Thank georgiemae
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I visit Tushita and do one of their courses whenever i have the chance.. one of my favourite places .. you have to be their to feel the energy of the place and you within it :)))

1  Thank Mashkovich
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I just completed a 10 day silent meditation/Intro to Buddhism course in June 2013. The silence really forces you to take an inward look at yourself and the meditation and Buddist courses challenge you to revelautae your life and your way of seeing the world. This retreat was one of the hardest yet easiest things I have ever done in my life and after complteing the retreat and heading home, I am the happiest I have ever been! As another reviewer said, the silence is deafening, you are left alone with your emotions, thoughts, and baggage BUT the days are so structured that all other thinking/planning has already been done for you. The food is so healhty and delicious; some of the best I have had in my life. The dorms and facilities were a bit more rustic than I expected but they did the job and only helped me to appreciate what really matters in life. If you are going to undergo this retreat (or something similar) my advice would be to really let yourself go and embrace and be open to the experience, whatever it may be. It will truly change your life!

3  Thank Taking_a_Holiday
Reviewed May 7, 2013

TMC is not a tourist resort but a centre of buddhist philosophy. The ambience is meditational and compels one to look inwards. The monks and teachers are highly knowledgable and inthuse in you a sense of compassion and benevolence for the entire beings. It is highly recommended for anyone looking for peace and harmony.

3  Thank shail2