“Exquisite”

Shambhala Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 12 Dessert in Dharamsala
Cuisines: Tibetan
Reviewed February 11, 2019

Great coffee, delicious brownies and lovely service. tucked away for a quiet pick me up, I visited this cafe every day I was visiting Dharamsala.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed December 8, 2017

We were attracted by the sunlight streaming in from the back terrace... this is a little oasis! Amazing coffee, tsampa, porridge and fresh fruit, buckwheat pancakes, toast we were spoilt for choice... our whole group loved what they ordered. The lovely Tibetan owner was delightful and the servers were polite and very helpful. I definitely recommend breakfast here. We returned the second day!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2017

I am very particular about my coffee and appreciate a good ambience. I love the clean setting with beautiful wooden seating. I would definitely recommend their Americano and Tibetan bread. My husband enjoyed his latte very much. I am not expecting fast serving as it is a small family run place. I love their fresh brewed coffee with prepared on order Tibetan bread, served by very nice people. Even though I didn't go there for lunch or dinner, it was frequented by visiting monks and lay tibetans, and I took that as a good sign of decent Tibetan food.
Definitely visit it if you want a good fresh brewed coffee and fresh Tibetan bread.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We had read about this place as good for excellent momos but were disappointed to be served stale reheated, leathery momos in an indifferent manner. Any roadside momo seller makes better momos. Location is good and seating is plentifful, but at the end it is the food that matters.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed August 1, 2017

You get decent sandwiches and bakery items. Try out their buckwheat pancake. It is a great place to just sit and enjoy the time.

Date of visit: May 2017