Aveda Hotel, Dharamshala
Bob's n Barley(Dharamsala)
$67
$45
  • Breakfast included
Fortune Park Moksha(McLeod Ganj)
$98
$95
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
OYO 4205 Hotel Anuj Regency(McLeod Ganj)(Great Value!)
$40
Pong View Hotel(Dharamsala)
$41
$29
  • Restaurant
Dragon I Resort(Naddi)(Great Value!)
$35
$68
All reviewsbeautiful hotelbasic amenitiesstadiumdharamshalaviewbalconypeakssnow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A hotel in a cricket stadium. a great place to stay in Excellant view of the Himalayas from the rooms. Average food but then you are not in a metro. The staff were extremely cordial and helping.A visit to Dharamshala would be incomplete without a stay in this Hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RAJANDelhi
38Ravi, General Manager at Aveda Hotel, Dharamshala, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Aveda, a must visit location... u wish to stay here but when comes to service and staff you feel very disappointed..... very badly managed, not properly maintained and the main issue is worst and rude staff.... u would fell like u are bluffed

Its better to visit this place but when comes to stay think twice

Room Tip: Just check out before u pay
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mingling_mingles
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had I not visited to Aveda, my visit to Dharamshala would have been left incomplete. Such an amazing place it is.... Just adjacent to cricket stadium and gives full view of the stadium from its rooms. Every wall inside the building has some moments created by different cricket legends, making the atmosphere even more sporty.
Definitely, tariff is on a higher side and actually it is sky high if you are staying during an international cricket match eve. Staff was quite courteous and prompt to assist.
Taste and quality of the food was good. Hotel also has a gym and billiards table to play.
One thing that was missing was central heating in the room which may make your stay a little uncomfortable during extreme chilled nights.

Visiting Dharamshala? do visit Aveda to complete your trip.

Room Tip: "Room Facing To The Cricket Stadium Backened By Snow Mountains Are Best"
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anand A
38Ravi, General Manager at Aveda Hotel, Dharamshala, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Guest Greetings from Aveda Club HPCA We thank you for choosing Aveda Dharamshala as your preferred hotel in Dharamshala. Our endeavor is provide all our guests a memorable experience. We thank you for your valuable feed back on trip advisor. We assure our better and improved services. We look forward welcome you to AVEDA HOTELS in future Thanks and...

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have to say I was really disappointed after staying at this hotel for two nights. The location is incredible, the views from each of the rooms are breath taking and the rooms are clean and spacious. Each room opens onto a terrace overlooking the cricket pitch, with the amazing mountain scenery in the background. The only complaint I have about the room is how cold it was - there was a gap of approximately half an inch surrounding the glass door leading onto the terrace, and as we stayed in February this meant that there was cold air blowing continuously into the room. A small heater was present, however better insulation is desperately needed in the winter months.
We ate in the restaurant both nights during our stay. On our first night we had to go through about four menu choices before we found a dish that they had "in stock". However, when the food arrived it was delicious, so we decided to eat there again the next evening. On the second evening, my partner and I ordered a starter to share, a main course each and a side dish. The side dish arrived first, swiftly followed by my partner's main course. No sign of the starter or my dish. After about 10 mins (by which time my partner had eaten most of his meal) the starter arrived and my main meal arrived, however it was not actually the dish I had ordered. When this was pointed out, the waiter did offer to rectify this but considering how long I had already waited, and the fact my partner had finished his meal, I told them not to bother and ended up going hungry. I could understand mistakes like this happening if a restaurant is busy, however considering there was only us and one other couple in the restaurant that evening I think this is unacceptable.
The other let down in this hotel is undoubtedly the staff. The reception staff had poor English and when we booked a taxi through them onto our next destination we ended up paying well over the odds. We did question the price but when we did so the staff became quite rude and made us feel guilty for questioning it - but we later found out we had paid over 1000INR more than we needed to for the journey. Additionally, when we accidently got dropped off at the wrong gate of the stadium by our driver, the security staff would not let us walk the 100 yards through an open gateway to the hotel entrance. We were allowed into the stands of the cricket stadium (and so to within about 20 feet of our room) but not along the pathway leading to the hotel entrance as apparently that was "closed" - despite all the gateways being wide open! Instead the security team sat back and laughed as we were made to walk back into the village, and along the road to the next gate, which took about 15 mins. Totally unnecessary.
This hotel has the potential to be a great place to stay, but until the staff improve I will definitely not be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
38Ravi, General Manager at Aveda Hotel, Dharamshala, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Aveda Club HPCA !!
We Thank you for your valuable feed back on Trip advisior . As per contents in Review we regret for the same and we have started training Classes on the issue as raised by you. Sir you will not not find any discrepancy in near future. We hope to see you in future without any complaint.
Thanks and regards

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Hi friends,

I have visited hotel Aveda , Dharamshala in Mach 2013. This hotel is very good. The view from this hotel is very very good. Food is nice. Rooms are very good. At night there is very good atmosphere to spend time with our partners.

Must visit this hotel if you are going to Dharamshala.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Purvesh_Parsana
38Ravi, General Manager at Aveda Hotel, Dharamshala, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest Greetings from Aveda Club HPCA We thank you for choosing Aveda Dharamshala as your preferred hotel in Dharamshala.Our endeavor is provide all our guests a memorable experience. We thank you for your valuable feed back on trip advisor. We assure our better and improved services. We look forward welcome you to AVEDA HOTELS in future. Thanks and Regard