“BEST PLACE TO STAY IN DHARAMSALA”

The Exotica Dharamshala
Ranked #16 of 69 Hotels in Dharamsala
New Delhi, India
“BEST PLACE TO STAY IN DHARAMSALA”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

SIMPLY AWESOME, The Cottage, The Location, The Food and Not to forget the Infinity Pool. I will say its the best place to stay in Dharamsala. Far from the busy, crowded streets of Dharamsala with excellent views all around. Excellent service by the friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GauravRajP, Owner at The Exotica Dharamshala, responded to this review, January 31, 2017
Dear Mr. Harit

My team joins me to thank you for sparing your valuable time to share the experience of your stay with us.

Our mission since the day of our inception is to provide a holiday experience that exemplifies "Complete rejuvenation of our guest" and it is heartening for me to note that we were able to recreate some of those moments for you and your loved ones during your stay with us at The Exotica, Dharamshala.

In the same flow, so that we are able to keep ourselves connected to our guest experiences closely, your experience has also been conveyed to each of our staff at the property.

Your kind words will go a long way in encouraging each one of us to create similar memorable experiences and improve our services by understanding our guests preferences better.

Needless to mention, we continue to look forward to seeing you back with us again.

With warmest regards to you and best wishes to your family,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hebrew first
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited "The Exotica "Dharamshala during my last trip to India, It was pleasure to stay there and the resorts compliments its Name , Exotic location having Nice Over view of this Hill Station with Clean ambiance , freshly built cottages well equipped for your needs. Services is something Impressed me a lot , they make you feel at home and pamper you like anything from Resort owner Mr.Gaurav to there Manager Keasr Singh Rana to there to there Chef all pays personal attention to your needs and try to provide you every thing according to your needs. I specially want to thanks there chef to provide the Food as per my taste (some who is very fussy about food). Well maintained & clean Swimming Pool adds a extra comfort to my visit . Overall I enjoyed my short 2 days stay there and hopes to spend some more time in my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My stay at this resort was Awesome !!! First of all its location.. far away from all the honks and horns.. in a nice serene place lies this really exotic resort... Situated at a hill top with an excellent view of the valley.. Its just awesome..
Second the infinity Swimming pool.. WOW !!! Open till midnight... Awesome crystal clear water... With excellent cleanliness.. One of the very very very very few hotels/resorts that have such an option for people.
Third The Service:: Awesome service... you order anything and it will reach you within 15 mins at your room.. or at the restaurant... The hotel staff and the cook are awesome.. Warm and friendly..
Fourth:: The resort is just a km away from the Paragliding Spot.. And you dont have to go there to do a booking for gliding.. Just contact the Resort Manager Kesar and he would do that for you..
One of the best resorts ever in Dharamshala.. AWESOME!!! Sip a beer and enjoy the pool and the nature..

Room Tip: Cottages on the top of the hill are really awesome.. A bit costly than ones that are located down...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Kunal

Jalandhar, India
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The exotica is a great place to stay, far away from the maddening crowd nestled in the quaint hills .... Heaven for people who want solitude .... And the icing on the cake is that it has its own swimming pool which makes it all the more special... The feeling of swimming high up in the hills overlooking the mighty dhauladhars is amazing! Great ambience and very well maintained property....

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Sir/Mam

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My stay at this resort with my parents was an amazing experience. The resort is about 3 kms away from the hustling and bustling crowd of Dharamshala. From the moment you enter this resort, you can feel peace everywhere. The sounds of bird chirping, the view of mountain right from your big window pane, and the green nature around you makes you feel you made the right decision to stay in this place to relax your mind, body, and soul. The resort is 10- 15 mins drive away from the paragliding point. The cottages are very homely and comfortable. The staffs are very enthusiastic to provide the service. Everyone do their work with smiling face. The food is also good. Mr. Gaurab (the owner) went out of his way to help us. He was connected to us like a family. Our overall experience was very delightful and unforgettable. It was a home away from home. Would suggest everyone to not miss this one!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 44Sam44_12
Dear Sir/Mam

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was nice to stay in Exotica, comfort stay, nice overview, mind blowing location, clean pool,.... full on regards stay, it's good decision to chose this location. very pleased staff, Specially Kesar Singh (Manager) is very nice host. Gaurav (owner) is very well connected. Provides their best in Dharamsala's luxurious. very silent place, peaceful. amazing view. Enjoyed Table Tennis too..
would like to go one more time... :)

Room Tip: Convince issues to reach Resort... due to silent location no local convince. just book Taxi or own v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I made my trip to this resort on 06th April - 09th April 2013 and let me tell you I enjoyed my stay at this resort. there was not a single dull moment in our entire stay. it was all perfect. Things which have amazed me was there sheer dedication and sincerity towards providing premium service to there guest right from there room service or any such request. I have made my booking in luxury cottage however, the owner have upgraded my package to elite cottage which had awesome view from its balcony. rooms were unique as compared to other typical hotel rooms we normally finds. Resort have other facilities for there guest such as camp fire, jungle trek etc. They also arrange short trek to nearby places on your request. Above all, there is swimming pool (First USP of the resort) waiting for you so you can relax over there which have been cleaned on all days I have stayed there. Another USP of this resort is, it is nearby to "Paragliding" spot which also points out that resort is situated at height which would give magnificent view of Dhauladhar ranges and entire Dharamshala. When you wake up in the morning you will find Snow capped* Dhauladhar Mountain, Refreshing air and
bird's chirping around your room to give u perfect morning to start wonderful day!

However, the only things that can go against the resort is there is steep walk to reach swimming pool and dining area (If your room is near reception area or around that )but that too could be solved since there is room service available. Also, steep walk is worth your effort because of the view of entire Dharamshala it gives you while you have Breakfast/Lunch/dinner .
I would like to specially thank Mr Gaurav (Owner), Ajay (for jungle trek and helping me with all my question that I had during my stay ), Kitchen Staff (Including chef) for delicious food and my favorite Paramjeet who have been like Jewel of this resort in ensuring that we got everything we required.

Truly Magic and Natural experience!!!

Regards,
Maharshi Mehta

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ExoticaDharamshala, Owner at The Exotica Dharamshala, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Mahrishi,

Thank you for your patronage. We assure you of the same Hospitality and Services in Future too,

warm regards